This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: More Questions about Covid testing that people have done prior to traveling

Post Thanks / Like

More Questions about Covid testing that people have done prior to traveling

Sorry for yet another question. I'm just wondering if the people who tested before they took off for Aruba had to say they were having symptoms or had been around a Covid positive person in order to get tested? Seems like a lot of the facilities that are testing in our area will only test a person if they have a "reason" to get tested. Just saying we need the test to travel is not considered a legit reason it appears. Thanks again for any input. (We are from a "hot" state, so we'll have to show a negative test result in order to get on the plane in Oct.)
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering the same and am concerned with saying I have symptoms if I really don't because of the health department investigations that we have in our area. A contractor working in my office for 2 days tested positive and all of those who came in contact (not me) have ongoing interviewers with the local health department. Im not sure of there are extra measures because I work for a school district, but I wouldn't want to kick off unnecessary wastes of resources.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed that before we went to Aruba in August. I have asthma, so I'm considered high-risk. My boyfriend travels frequently for work, so he got the recent travel to high-risk areas. So basically we were able to circumvent that and get the free test from Walgreen's (CVS is now requiring a doctor's note).

For someone not fitting this required factors, there seems to be 2 choices:

1. Pay at a travel testing place like Passport Health ($185pp in my area, DC).
    2. Cross your fingers and tell a fib about being exposed to areas/people with positive COVID cases.

Good luck!

1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would not say you have symptoms.
    Keep searching for testing sites.

When I get home I will try to find the thread that has a list of testing sites by state.

Quote Originally Posted by Babybeach View Post
    Sorry for yet another question. I'm just wondering if the people who tested before they took off for Aruba had to say they were having symptoms or had been around a Covid positive person in order to get tested? Seems like a lot of the facilities that are testing in our area will only test a person if they have a "reason" to get tested. Just saying we need the test to travel is not considered a legit reason it appears. Thanks again for any input. (We are from a "hot" state, so we'll have to show a negative test result in order to get on the plane in Oct.)

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MsLee View Post
    I noticed that before we went to Aruba in August. I have asthma, so I'm considered high-risk. My boyfriend travels frequently for work, so he got the recent travel to high-risk areas. So basically we were able to circumvent that and get the free test from Walgreen's (CVS is now requiring a doctor's note).

2. Cross your fingers and tell a fib about being exposed to areas/people with positive COVID cases.

Good luck!
    In the DC area too, does Passport Health get results back right away? Have you used them? I tried to call but they must have closed already.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    If you go to your state web site that has all the covid information, you should be able to find testing sites for those without symptoms that use labs and the turn around times for results.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info everyone. It seems like the different test sites in our area are saying up to 72 hours to get results. I'm going to keep our trip scheduled and hope for the best. There are 4 of us that will need to get tested, so I'm just praying that one of us doesn't pop up with a positive test result.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Walgreen's because the results are back in 48 hours, no guarantee but I did a test run a few weeks before we actually needed ours and asked around and everyone was getting theirs in that time frame. (There is only one Walgreen's in DC that does the testing...the one with the drive thru on Rhode Island Ave. NE. LabCorp does the actual on-site testing.)

I have friends who went to Turks and Caicos in August and they used Passport Health for their family of 4 and had no issues with getting the results back in 48 hours. My boyfriend was actually traveling in the 72-hour window, so he had to get the test in NC and was using Walgreen's so I felt no need for just one of us to pay $185 for Passport Health to test us. We just took the risk of the delivery timing and it worked out. If it didn't, we had planned to get tested when we arrived in Aruba. Thankfully we didn't have to do that.

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Kinda scary if someone lies being exposed to areas with Covid cases. Speaking of this, do the authorities have standard way or control in knowing if someone is really exposed to high risk areas?

Quote Originally Posted by MsLee View Post

Good luck!
    0 0