This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Restrictions

Post Thanks / Like
    We went to Lings for the first time during our October trip and decided we will probably just go there from now on because of everything said here. The chaos in the parking lot at Superfood is bad on a good day. Add COVID to it all and it was insane. Plus my husband isn't as "adventurous" when it comes to food as I am, so he was happier that Lings was more "American" and he could read the labels. Lol. But, seeing all the pastry pictures might sway him...
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The locals who use the big supermarkets usually go once a week. On Saturday or Sunday. I'de say most locals now use Do It center(at least in my circles), which is Aruban owned. Super Food is Dutch(Jumbo) and Lings is Jamaican(last time I checked). For every other product that is needed during the week, people just go to their neighborhood Chinese minimarkets as you'll find most things you need and they are not full all the time. People like myself who have no children, really have no need to go to the big supermarkets. The only reason I personally go is for the variety in yoghurt and for meats.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    This is good info. I haven't gone to the supermarket in Aruba since 2017 when I started going there by myself after my Mom developed mobility issues. However, I would like to check out that bakery at Superfoods, maybe get a few cold cuts, bread, beer and wine to have in the room. So I will probably just go on the weekdays then like a Monday.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    This is good info. I haven't gone to the supermarket in Aruba since 2017 when I started going there by myself after my Mom developed mobility issues. However, I would like to check out that bakery at Superfoods, maybe get a few cold cuts, bread, beer and wine to have in the room. So I will probably just go on the weekdays then like a Monday.
    Just came back on Saturday:

Ling and Sons - renovations are completed, currently bigger than Superfood with wider isles and very airy, more fruits and vegetables not busy at all
    Superfood - busy, the one way signs are very difficult to follow and navigate in the vegetables/meet area
    Do It (Noord) - not busy at all, significant selection improvements especially alcohol, changes to shelving, easier to navigate
    Save More - very busy, the locals are shopping here as it is the least expensive.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Good info. Thanks.
    My son said that PriceSmart is always very busy.

Quote Originally Posted by gortvaan View Post
    Just came back on Saturday:

Ling and Sons - renovations are completed, currently bigger than Superfood with wider isles and very airy, more fruits and vegetables not busy at all
    Superfood - busy, the one way signs are very difficult to follow and navigate in the vegetables/meet area
    Do It (Noord) - not busy at all, significant selection improvements especially alcohol, changes to shelving, easier to navigate
    Save More - very busy, the locals are shopping here as it is the least expensive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Save more, I knew I forgot about one and that's the one my dad goes to . It's the cheapest indeed and the one in Bubali is right next to the Do It center. Both filled with locals trying to shop local and avoid the congestion at super food.

I must say I haven't been to Lings in a while. The outside just dsn't look pleasent after the renovation. They need to liven it up otherwise I foresee do it and super food running away with the market share.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    PriceSmart was insane every time we went past it!!!
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    PriceSmart was insane every time we went past it!!!
    That is another screwed up parking lot.