This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

View Poll Results: Covid testing required to enter the USA from International travel:

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Will you continue with your Aruba planned vacation?

5 71.43%
  • Will you cancel?

1 14.29%
  • Are you undecided?

1 14.29%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Negative Covid test for return to USA

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are planning to go in June, but we haven't made any reservations yet. Renaissance allows us to trade our timeshare to any available week during 2021. Right now, they have lots of open weeks. I agree that testing before coming back to the U.S. is a good idea, but I wonder how Aruba will be able to handle that many people, logistically. We'll watch and see how it goes before we finalize anything.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    servicecenter@hoharuba.com

here is the email for the Aruba hospital for Covid test appointments.

servicecenter@hoharuba.com

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    This is all a bit of a none issue for me. Many countries, like Aruba have been requiring a negative pcr test for entry pretty much since the beginning. What's surprising is that it's taken the US so long to implement it.

Besides the several labs available that make testing here easier and much faster than most(72 hours is a lot and it's never taken that long here), they are now also setting up a mass testing location on the old APA grounds(next to Wendy's Blvd) because they were already in anticipation of this move by the CDC.
    4 3

Post Thanks / Like
    We scheduled our trip for last March. We rescheduled, rescheduled again, and rescheduled AGAIN. We are planning to go in March (hopefully!).
    0 1

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Renaissance has just announced that they will have onsite Covid testing for resort guests. The cost is $50.00. We are very happy to hear this.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    It appears Aruba is ready for this requirement and has a system in place. Like others, disappointed it took the USA so long to make it a requirement. From what I have read, the vaccine protects you...but you could still be a carrier so the testing likely will stay in place for a good long while. I have no problem with the various requirements for travel....just glad travel is still allowed. (remember all the people who said they would not jump through TSA hoops after 9/11). Rules and regulations are a result of the world we live in at this time.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arawak View Post
    This is all a bit of a none issue for me. Many countries, like Aruba have been requiring a negative pcr test for entry pretty much since the beginning. What's surprising is that it's taken the US so long to implement it.

Besides the several labs available that make testing here easier and much faster than most(72 hours is a lot and it's never taken that long here), they are now also setting up a mass testing location on the old APA grounds(next to Wendy's Blvd) because they were already in anticipation of this move by the CDC.
    Just wondering...is prior testing or testing on arrival required for residents of Aruba?

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    Just wondering...is prior testing or testing on arrival required for residents of Aruba?
    Yes, it is. Mandatory test and quarantine for 10 days is "heavily advised".
    2 1

Post Thanks / Like

Covid testing

This really puts a wrench into our 2 week family trip starting May 29. We had to cancel last summer's vacation. While I am glad about all the extra protocols from a safety prospective, the costs concern me.

I'm interested in anyone going soon, what their experience will be...will US health insurance reimburse any covid testing costs while in Aruba? For our family of 4 when you add the covid tests in addition to the mandatory covid ins of $30 each, that really hurts a travel budget...over $500.

It's also an extra stressor of hoping all 4 of our covid tests come back on time....for both departure and return.

This is our last family trip before our son goes off to college, so we are going to wait it out a little longer to see what happens in Feb with the process before we consider cancelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    If negative Covid test becomes the rule for entry to the USA after international travel:

Will your plans change?

Will you continue as planned?
    Will you cancel?
    Unknown/undecided?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    we will continue as planned.
    0 0