This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New rules possible

Post Thanks / Like

New rules possible

I just read something that while it may make some sense it will be horrific to Aruba unless they have a plan in place for this. It appears as though the CDC may require a negative test to return to the US as early as next week. Read this a couple of times....hoping there is a rapid test available and not the pcr test.
    June 8th - can't get here quick enough!

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard it on NPR earlier.

It certainly will cause some logistical difficulties for Aruba.
    But Aruba will figure it out.
    Look at what they have accomplished and overcome in their plan to let tourists back in!!
    Other nations have copied their plan.

But, if it becomes a rule it will not have any bearing on my decision to go to Aruba.
    We will still go and will test to go home.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    here is the link to one of the testing articles

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...QrN98q7-R0IMPs

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I read it takes affect 1/26
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    As long as they make it possible we will do the same not worry about it. I am sure they will figure it out...they have millions of reasons to.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I heard it on NPR earlier.

It certainly will cause some logistical difficulties for Aruba.
    But Aruba will figure it out.
    Look at what they have accomplished and overcome in their plan to let tourists back in!!
    Other nations have copied their plan.

But, if it becomes a rule it will not have any bearing on my decision to go to Aruba.
    We will still go and will test to go home.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel the new testing rules are necessary. Hopefully, it will help ease the surge. Unfortunately though, for us, we’ll hold off on returning to Aruba until testing is no longer required. Hoping that will happen once most have been vaccinated. The added stress of testing before and after is not something we want to deal with. Just a personal choice I guess.
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 01-12-2021 at 06:58 PM.

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    I get it. I would probably feel like that if we did not cancel 2 trips already and have it be our 25th this June. That said we are sticking to the "we need the vaccine plan"....fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I feel the new testing rules are necessary. Hopefully, it will help ease the surge. Unfortunately though, for us, we’ll hold off on returning to Aruba until testing is no longer required. Hoping that will happen once most have been vaccinated. The added stress of testing before and after is not something we want to deal with. Just a personal choice I guess.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I get it. I would probably feel like that if we did not cancel 2 trips already and have it be our 25th this June. That said we are sticking to the "we need the vaccine plan"....fingers crossed.
    Hoping you get to go. It would seem by June you might be able. We’re hoping to get back to Aruba towards the end of the year.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad that I already have my Covid test scheduled for my February trip. I have an appointment at the Urgent Care Center Lab in Noord two days before I depart. I would imagine bookings at the island's testing locations will be hard to come by unless they have excess testing capabilities. I wonder what effect, if any, it will have on the timing for getting results?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    This can be looked as a positive thing; never know if we been exposed there or someone on the return flight has been.
    I am so used to being swab, (3xs this week) I was told even after the vaccine I still have to get swabbed.
    0 0