This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New rules possible

Post Thanks / Like
    My fear is you could test positive and then be required to quarantine before leaving Aruba. I wonder if the COVID insurance would cover this?

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    My fear is you could test positive and then be required to quarantine before leaving Aruba. I wonder if the COVID insurance would cover this?
    never even thought of that and all that follows.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes it would
    the Aruba Covid Insurance covers the visitor from the moment they land on the island til the moment they leave.

the insurance would kick in just as if a person tested positive upon arrival and had to go to the Covid isolation residences.
    the insurance would provide for the same things.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure no one has thought of anything beyond the requirement of testing. I think a better idea would be to test immediately upon arrival at your destination in the US. At least you'd be on home turf. The argument would be that you have traveled on a plane and might have infected others or been infected... that's the case now. I also think that the testing requirement should be limited to areas where new cases and strains are on the rise.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    yes it would
    the Aruba Covid Insurance covers the visitor from the moment they land on the island til the moment they leave.

the insurance would kick in just as if a person tested positive upon arrival and had to go to the Covid isolation residences.
    the insurance would provide for the same things.
    Good to know! I was unsure as it seemed like the COVID insurance was designed for arrivals which made me question it.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I was hoping the insurance charge was going to go away. I guess we're stuck with it for a long time to come.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    IMPORTANT information regarding testing when leaving Aruba:

“In the Aruban Government’s continuing efforts to provide the safest, seamless and coordinated travel experience possible, we hereby would like to inform you that all necessary facilities and procedures are in place for any visitor needing to take a PCR test while in Aruba as a requirement for re-entry to their country/state of origin.

Our efforts are in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Government of the United States of America requirement that returning travelers present a negative COVID-19 test result. This will become effective on January 26, 2021

Aruba has a modern infrastructure, state-of-the-art hospital and well-equipped medical facilities. Three (3) certified laboratories in Aruba will offer the PCR testing service to outbound travelers. The facilities have ample test kits available and testing is priced between $75 and $126. Visitors will find appointments easy to book and the turnaround time for test results is within 24 hours. Between the facilities, visitors will have the option to make an appointment, walk in, or have the test done at their place of stay.

Please take note that a dedicated landing page on aruba.com under the health requirements section will be live later today, which will include all the pertinent details for visitors to access.”
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- San Juan Islands: Sept. 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: Oct. & Nov. 2020 -- 41st trip to Aruba: Feb & March 2021

1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I can see everyone trying to get testing at the lowest cost site. It would be best to have uniform pricing at all locations. IMHO...

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    IMPORTANT information regarding testing when leaving Aruba:

“In the Aruban Government’s continuing efforts to provide the safest, seamless and coordinated travel experience possible, we hereby would like to inform you that all necessary facilities and procedures are in place for any visitor needing to take a PCR test while in Aruba as a requirement for re-entry to their country/state of origin.

Our efforts are in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Government of the United States of America requirement that returning travelers present a negative COVID-19 test result. This will become effective on January 26, 2021

Aruba has a modern infrastructure, state-of-the-art hospital and well-equipped medical facilities. Three (3) certified laboratories in Aruba will offer the PCR testing service to outbound travelers. The facilities have ample test kits available and testing is priced between $75 and $126. Visitors will find appointments easy to book and the turnaround time for test results is within 24 hours. Between the facilities, visitors will have the option to make an appointment, walk in, or have the test done at their place of stay.

Please take note that a dedicated landing page on aruba.com under the health requirements section will be live later today, which will include all the pertinent details for visitors to access.”
    I like the last line about having the option to take the test at (their place of stay)... That would be easiest.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by almaringola View Post
    I like the last line about having the option to take the test at (their place of stay)... That would be easiest.
    There is an additional cost for that but it is available.
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- San Juan Islands: Sept. 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: Oct. & Nov. 2020 -- 41st trip to Aruba: Feb & March 2021

0 0