This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New rules possible

Bucuti Beach Club, Natural Pool, Donkey Farm, Alto Vista Chapel
    Post Thanks / Like
    We just booked flights Feb 6 to Feb 15 right before the CDC announcement. So I guess we'll be testing February 3 and again on February 12.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I was hoping the insurance charge was going to go away. I guess we're stuck with it for a long time to come.
    It really isn't that much. The person who owns here and tested positive during their stay said they were contacted daily and did have a few visits.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have a problem with the cost, I just wish it would go away.

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    There is an additional cost for that but it is available.
    Thank you , Honestly even if its 50- 100 bucks more than the other places well worth it. If I can be laying out at costa linda at noon and have a appointment down the hall at 1230 ,I can walk over in my bathing suit get done and be back in my chair with a cocktail by 1 . Im sold.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    My neighbor upstairs has a relative staying with her. They don't drive, so I will be taking her relative to get tested before she leaves in early February.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    I can see everyone trying to get testing at the lowest cost site. It would be best to have uniform pricing at all locations. IMHO...
    When I was in Aruba last month the Urgent Care Center price was $126, hospital $75 so i went to hospital. However, hospital test was being done in the car which took an hour and the price for a cab per hour is $50. Lucky for me the lady cab driver i met only charged me the round trip fare of $10 each way since it was very early 8:30am, she just started her shift and she knew it was important to test. I gave her a little extra $30 in total. Had I paid $50 cab plus $75 in test it would have came out to $125. Next time I will just go to Urgent Care or have them come to hotel as they had mobile vans coming to hotels to do testing.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been enrolled in STEP (Smart Traveler Enrollment Program) for a long time. Here is an excerpt from an email I received from them:

Health Alert - Department of State - Bureau of Consular Affairs (January 15, 2021)

Location: Worldwide: The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director has signed an order requiring all airline passengers traveling to the United States, including U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs), to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 viral test or recovery from COVID-19.

Event: Effective January 26, all airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older must provide either a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within three calendar days of travel or provide a positive test result and documentation from a licensed health care provider or public health official of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel. Passengers must also attest, under penalty of law, to having received a negative qualifying test result or to recovery from COVID-19 and medical clearance to travel.

See the CDC Proof of Negative Test Result page to view the order, complete the attestation, and to see FAQ's.

Airlines must deny boarding to passengers who do not meet these requirements.

U.S. citizens in countries where adequate COVID-19 testing is not available or may not be able to satisfy the requirements, should depart immediately or prepare to be unable to return to the United States until such time as they can meet the requirements.

1 0