This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEWS effective August 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t get it either! It is also in Aruba’s best interest that infected individuals don’t exit an aircraft onto their island after all they have done to keep everyone safe!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    If I didn't have to test before leaving Aruba to come home and risk being held there in lock down I would be much more comfortable going biggest fear is one of us testing positive prior to flight home if you can't leave without testing you should not be able to enter without testing
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    One should not be allowed to set foot on the plane to Aruba without the negative test paperwork in hand!
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?
    Karma...It is pronounced "HaHaHaHa"
    SIDTM

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    One should not be allowed to set foot on the plane to Aruba without the negative test paperwork in hand!
    Why is Aruba different? If we really want safety no one going anywhere should get on a plane without being tested.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    so the only change is that vaccinated people with the vaccine smart card now have to be tested? BFD. so we still have to ride on a plane with someone who may be positive. aruba is dropping the ball. my august 10 trip is now sadly
    a big question mark.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    the other big change is that the insurance rate has dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy B View Post
    so the only change is that vaccinated people with the vaccine smart card now have to be tested? BFD. so we still have to ride on a plane with someone who may be positive. aruba is dropping the ball. my august 10 trip is now sadly
    a big question mark.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?
    Karma...It is pronounced "HaHaHaHa"
    SIDTM

0 0

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    agree 1000%
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy B View Post
    a big question mark.
    I say again....why is Aruba different? I presume if you have a connecting flight you don't mind getting on a plane where likely no one or very few have tested....and I presume you will not be taveling domestically. I agree with everyone...I for one do not limit it to Aruba...I had other travel plans...domestic...as long a time in the air as Aruba flight. reconsidering...as no one on the domestic flight will have tested...and likely half will not be vaccinated as they will be USA citizens!!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Andrea, thought I read Aruba was thinking about allowing vaccinated folks in if/when the island had a 85% vaccination rate. But I guess with the Delta Variant running amok here the Aruban Gov't doesn't want us to contaminate the island.
    Glad though the insurance will be cheaper, paid $30 in June and figured that would be the case again. No problem getting tested her or there, so if we have to be tested I am okay with it....as long as I can plant my feet in the Aruban soil for 2 weeks I can suffer a nasal swab !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by annf View Post
    I say again....why is Aruba different? I presume if you have a connecting flight you don't mind getting on a plane where likely no one or very few have tested....and I presume you will not be taveling domestically. I agree with everyone...I for one do not limit it to Aruba...I had other travel plans...domestic...as long a time in the air as Aruba flight. reconsidering...as no one on the domestic flight will have tested...and likely half will not be vaccinated as they will be USA citizens!!

Flying domestically is difficult for business travel.If you are someone that flys a lot it becomes hard...If I get called tonight to get on a plane in am for a business trip there is no way I can do that if I have to have a test prior. I think that is why you do not have to be tested prior. I can speak as a business traveler, and fly frequently, so I would be grounded half the time if testing were required to fly domestically.
    That said, if folks kept their masks on properly and the airlines kept the middle seats empty it would be the same as anywhere else.
    Not being argumentative, just stating an opinion on why we probably do not have testing as a domestic requirement.
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME
    0 0