This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pfizer and Covid vaccine

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Pfizer and Covid vaccine

So there is some great news today re: a Covid vaccine.
    Pfizer is nearing its clinical trials and as of now their vaccine is 90% effective.

If you have hesitated due to there not being a vaccine here are some questions.

If you get a vaccine will you book Aruba?

If your dr's office called you and said "come and get it now" would you?

It was nice to wake up to the good news today.

I hope they hurry and get 100,000+ doses to the Arubans as well as 300,000,000 doses for us.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing news (and interesting timing)!!

I already booked for next August in the hopes that a vaccine would be forthcoming in the Spring.

When Dr. Fauci says "I approve, go get it", I will be in line!!

After listening to the General in charge of Operation Warp Speed on 60 Minutes last night, I'm hopeful once the FDA approves the vaccine, delivery will get off and running.

And yes, Andrea, it is another beautiful day in the neighborhood!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    So there is some great news today re: a Covid vaccine.
    Pfizer is nearing its clinical trials and as of now their vaccine is 90% effective.

If you have hesitated due to there not being a vaccine here are some questions.

If you get a vaccine will you book Aruba?

If your dr's office called you and said "come and get it now" would you?

It was nice to wake up to the good news today.

I hope they hurry and get 100,000+ doses to the Arubans as well as 300,000,000 doses for us.
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Watch the 60 Minutes segment that aired last night if you can. It was very informative. Some of the info was the same as what my doctor said in Sept. If you can't view it some of the info:

1. 2 dosages for each person given 21 days apart
    2. must be stored/kept/transported at -70C/-94F
    3. the person in charge of getting out is an army general who specializes in logistics
    4. medical personnel will get it first
    5. they have been making the vaccine and the needles and other stuff that they need to be ready when it's ready
    6. the vaccine take, I think they said 6 weeks to make a batch, but don't quote me on that number
    7. it still needs FDA approval
    8. the are hopefully that everyone who wants and can get the vaccine will have it within 6 months of approval

Other things to consider: some of these are my questions and others are ideas/questions I read elsewhere
    1. Has it been tested on people with underlying medical conditions-meaning is it safe for everyone?
    2. Was it tested on kids and will kids be able to get it?
    3. How long will it last? Will be build immunity or will be a yearly shot?

Personally, I will get it when my doctor says it is safe. We planning on going this winter to Aruba and hope that we will be safe. We hope to get the vaccine once we get home, but if we have to, we can always come home and get it. We do have other trips planned or partly planned for the second half of 2021-some rescheduled from 2020 and I am hoping we can go. Trying to optimistic and safe!

Post Thanks / Like
    When we get the call to come in for the vaccine we will literally drop everything and go for it. As to whether or not we would book Aruba, well that depends. If Aruba still requires testing and other restrictions we would hold off.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I am thrilled with the news!!!! Its a great for all of us and the economy as well. That said there is ZERO chance I get the vaccine any time soon. I am the same person who doe NOT get a flu shot either. Ive only gotten the flu shot twice...once when we were pregnant and one other random time. I would like to see how people do with the new drug. As far as Aruba goes....its on the back burner for now. I am praying things settle down and we can go for our 25th next summer but I am not making any plans for it.
    June 8th - can't get here quick enough!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We'll get the shot eventually, not rushing out for it, but we will get it. While we're waiting we'll be going to Aruba at least once (maybe twice) and I have a couple of work trips scheduled.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-1...es-2020-11-08/

This should be the segment on 60 Minutes last night.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for posting that article, Robin.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got a text from one of my friends who I always talk investments with- we have both started playing with Crypto coins, anyhow. He sends me a filing about the Pfizer CEO selling 62 percent of his stock on the day the vaccine was announced. That says one thing and one thing only to me- he is not sold on the vaccine. Why else would he sell so quickly?
    June 8th - can't get here quick enough!

0 1