This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pieces of the Covid Pie Chart. July 28, 2021

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Pieces of the Covid Pie Chart. July 28, 2021

Ok, this is the first time that the DVG has posted a pie chart of this nature on FB.

This represents all of those tested positive yesterday. (numbers released today)
    I do not know if it is resident only or resident and non resident combined.
    (I am guessing it is resident only)

The first number, the tiny little blue slice...............I do not know what it means. Help?
    The 2nd slice, represents those that have had only 1 dose of a 2 dose vaccine.
    The 3rd slice, represents those that have had 2 doses and are fully vaccinated.
    The 4th and largest slice represents non vaccinated positives.

Pieces of the Covid Pie Chart.  July 28, 2021-screen-shot-2021-07-28-4-38-12-pm-jpg
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?
    Karma...It is pronounced "HaHaHaHa"
    SIDTM

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the blue wedge means people who had Covid-19 and eventually got the vaccine?
    I agree, think this is just residents.
    The chart is admittedly a bit murky. If you look at it very quickly, it almost looks as though 73% of residents are still unvaccinated and we know that's not correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Ok, this is the first time that the DVG has posted a pie chart of this nature on FB.

This represents all of those tested positive yesterday. (numbers released today)
    I do not know if it is resident only or resident and non resident combined.
    (I am guessing it is resident only)

The first number, the tiny little blue slice...............I do not know what it means. Help?
    The 2nd slice, represents those that have had only 1 dose of a 2 dose vaccine.
    The 3rd slice, represents those that have had 2 doses and are fully vaccinated.
    The 4th and largest slice represents non vaccinated positives.

Pieces of the Covid Pie Chart.  July 28, 2021-screen-shot-2021-07-28-4-38-12-pm-jpg
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bet you are right that first tiny slice might indeed be people that were positive at one time and then vaccinated.
    The entire chart just represents the residents that tested positive yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    I think the blue wedge means people who had Covid-19 and eventually got the vaccine?
    I agree, think this is just residents.
    The chart is admittedly a bit murky. If you look at it very quickly, it almost looks as though 73% of residents are still unvaccinated and we know that's not correct.
    SIDTM

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I bet you are right that first tiny slice might indeed be people that were positive at one time and then vaccinated.
    The entire chart just represents the residents that tested positive yesterday.
    I think that too.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure about the pie but I do know that the total active cases today are equal to what they were in mid March ....the rate of increase is darn scary. 350 active cases as of today...early July there were around 30!! That is the problematic part. No matter which way you look at it this is not good!!! Plus if you have not had your first vaccine dose you are now on a two week wait....only enough available for those due their second dose here in Aruba. Yes, I know almost all of USA is a mess also. The point is...this is preventable!!!
    2 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    You bet it is Miss Ann!
    Quote Originally Posted by annf View Post
    Not sure about the pie but I do know that the total active cases today are equal to what they were in mid March ....the rate of increase is darn scary. 350 active cases as of today...early July there were around 30!! That is the problematic part. No matter which way you look at it this is not good!!! Plus if you have not had your first vaccine dose you are now on a two week wait....only enough available for those due their second dose here in Aruba. Yes, I know almost all of USA is a mess also. The point is...this is preventable!!!
    SIDTM

0 0