This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Question about ICU patients going to Colombia

Post Thanks / Like

Question about ICU patients going to Colombia

Does anyone know who is being sent there? Is it Americans or locals or some other south American visitors ? I seen this asked somewhere but don't remember seeing a answer .
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that info is somewhat confidential due to patients rights.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not an authority but I do spend most of the year on the island and have many local friends. Aruba has a medical agreement (long before covid) with Columbia. Aruban citizens belong to the Aruba socialized medicine system AZV. Aruban patients needing specialized cancer treatment, or specialized heart treatment (those two I know for sure) are sent to Columbia for treatment at AZV expense. The time there also covers one traveling companion for the patient. Therefore, I 'presume' the ICU patients who have been sent to Columbia would be Aruban residents and not tourists. Also the number count itself leads me to believe that the ICU patients in Columbia are Aruban residents. Like Walt said, likely confidentiality prohibits more info. I am just sharing what I know for sure and why I 'presume' . I can understand the concern of tourists and perhaps Andrea can get a general answer to the question...are any of the ICU patients sent to Columbia tourists?
    2 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    The answer I got a month ago said only residents to ColombiA
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I was able to contact the Aruba health department today and the person who answered the phone told me that it is ONLY Aruba citizens/residents that have been sent to Columbia. No tourists have been sent. The way she stated it sounded like they did not have the authority to send tourists to Columbia.

Again, this was the person who answered the phone, so take it for what you think it is worth.

Based upon that discussion and what was posted above by Andrea and annf, I am comfortable that no tourists requiring hospitalization for Covid have been or will be transported to Columbia. This is somewhat comforting for us since my wife and I are planning to be there for 9 days beginning next week.
    0 0