This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: September 09

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess they are going to make some tough decisions.

I thought they postponed opening schools.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I know.....the info is sent to me and then I sit and stare at it. I really hate posting it.
    Today was the worst.
    Last night's hateful and ridiculous nonsense made me even more reluctant to post today's info.

thanks
    Looks like I missed something while I was scanning pictures last night.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have friends in Aruba and their kids went back to School with Mask on. We will keep our fingers crossed.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    So the Prime Minister spoke and laid out some requests.

She said that people really need to be accountable and responsible.

In a nutshell she said that:
    70% of the covid positives caught the virus being at their home or while visiting .
    20% of the covid positives caught the virus at their place of employment

People have to be more responsible.
    Over the next 2 weeks they are aiming for the numbers to come down if they do not come down, the options are:

limiting alcohol sales
    Shelter in place
    Expanding Curfew

Just like here in the USA they have to buckle down and be more responsible.
    It takes a lot of effort.
    I really wish that we here in the USA would buckle down and the Aruba folks too.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Wish people will not let their guards down..
    simple very simple guidelines to follow.
    They aren't just hurting them selves but the island's in general as well.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope that they don't do shelter in place again. We were there in March when they first implemented it. These types of lockdowns work in the short term, but when they are lifted the virus spreads. This has happened in several states and countries. Hawaii's experience has been similar to Aruba. A very serious lockdown for months followed by a big spike when they opened up again. The virus is going to virus. People who have been cooped up for months long for human interaction and are fed up with restrictions. Everyone must practice social distancing and washing your hands frequently. It's simple, but some won't practice it.
    Last edited by Mohair; 09-10-2020 at 03:02 AM.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    So the Prime Minister spoke and laid out some requests.

She said that people really need to be accountable and responsible.

In a nutshell she said that:
    70% of the covid positives caught the virus being at their home or while visiting .
    20% of the covid positives caught the virus at their place of employment

People have to be more responsible.
    Over the next 2 weeks they are aiming for the numbers to come down if they do not come down, the options are:

limiting alcohol sales
    Shelter in place
    Expanding Curfew

Just like here in the USA they have to buckle down and be more responsible.
    It takes a lot of effort.
    I really wish that we here in the USA would buckle down and the Aruba folks too.
    I can see people stocking up on alcohol now. They need to start to patrol the beaches for the large groups that gather, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I can see people stocking up on alcohol now. They need to start to patrol the beaches for the large groups that gather, too.
    Hope they still have it at Duty Free for us "tourist" folk

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohair View Post
    I hope that they don't do shelter in place again. We were there in March when they first implemented it. These types of lockdowns work in the short term, but when they are lifted the virus spreads. This has happened in several states and countries. Hawaii's experience has been similar to Aruba. A very serious lockdown for months followed by a big spike when they opened up again. The virus is going to virus. People who have been cooped up for months long for human interaction and are fed up with restrictions. Everyone must practice social distancing and washing your hands frequently. It's simple, but some won't practice it.
    The lock downs work but you have to reopen slowly. NYC is the a perfect example and we had the highest rate of positive cases at one point. We shut down in March and slowly started to reopen. Just this week we opened indoor dinning after being closed for 6 months but only at 25% capacity and no one can sit at the bar, tables apart at restaurants etc. Everything is carefully planned for reopening. Movie houses, bowling alleys reopened with small percentage, museums. If you open everything at once like nothing ever happened then there is a possibility of a spike again. I hope we keep our numbers down which have been under 1% for weeks now, hospital is low, ICU is low etc.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    The lock downs work but you have to reopen slowly. NYC is the a perfect example and we had the highest rate of positive cases at one point. We shut down in March and slowly started to reopen. Just this week we opened indoor dinning after being closed for 6 months but only at 25% capacity and no one can sit at the bar, tables apart at restaurants etc. Everything is carefully planned for reopening. Movie houses, bowling alleys reopened with small percentage, museums. If you open everything at once like nothing ever happened then there is a possibility of a spike again. I hope we keep our numbers down which have been under 1% for weeks now, hospital is low, ICU is low etc.
    Totally agree Aruba Ace. NY & NJ did it right. Although I now live in NJ I am a native New Yorker & worked there my whole life...it was definitely the epicenter and now in great shape!
    1 1