This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharing Covid Test Sites

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I spoke with folks at the ATA this morning.
    Here is the latest:
    SELF TEST PCR Nasal Swab Nasopharyngeal test..........absolutely NOT allowed. (although a few did and will come through yesterday, today and tomorrow)

Doctor's Note........Not accepted under any circumstances.
    A doctor's note with negative COVID test results will not exempt a person

I encourage all to post their OWN experiences and not the experiences that they have been told about.
    Make sure that if you do post about other's experiences, please remember to post that is is indeed hearsay.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So sometimes I think Aruba is eliminating some of us "hot spots"
    As the numbers goes up the longer the results will take.
    Just hoping they increase the time with the results. 4-5 days .. lol
    Still have high "hopes" but if it doesn't happen it wasn't meant to be.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I spoke with folks at the ATA this morning.
    Here is the latest:
    SELF TEST PCR Nasal Swab Nasopharyngeal test..........absolutely NOT allowed. (although a few did and will come through yesterday, today and tomorrow)

Doctor's Note........Not accepted under any circumstances.
    A doctor's note with negative COVID test results will not exempt a person

I encourage all to post their OWN experiences and not the experiences that they have been told about.
    Make sure that if you do post about other's experiences, please remember to post that is is indeed hearsay.
    In regards to the Self PCR Test, Labcorp's Pixel is literally the same test that CVS gave us & CVS sends theirs to Labcorp to process. Do you think AUA is not allowing those tests bc of security/chain of command issues - ie someone else could take the test on your behalf?? If so, it's a false sense of security bc we went to 2 testing sites and neither asked us for identification (including CVS), anyone could have taken my test on my behalf. OR maybe it's because some home tests aren't authorized by FDA?? Maybe AUA would reconsider & allow the home test under certain guide lines, like tests have to have FDA authorization under EUA (which the Labcorp pixell test is) and maybe you have to take the test in front of a witness of some sort - either your doctor, notary, someone that has some accountability. Test result times are increasing, not decreasing and supplies/test kits are becoming more scarce. It is very difficult to find testing sites for travelers that need rapid results in the USA where as they seem to have them more available in Europe and other countries. Maybe they don’t realize how difficult rapid testing is for USA considering it’s pretty easy everywhere else. We were at 2-3 days to get results, then went to 5-7 & 7-10 days. It would be a lot easier if the #s in the states stayed low then this would be a moot point

Maybe AUA could put together a list the testing companies (along with addy & phone) of the travelers from the hot zones & put it online so future travelers can call?? & maybe on the ED application process, add a line of who tested them, their addy, phone etc that way they can easily extract the info for future.

I understand why AUA wants you to test no more than 3 days prior. And I'm sure they are concerned that if they allowed travelers from the hot zone states to wait & test upon arrival in AUA, they could potentially end up with more people than beds/staff; having the required insurance can only do so much in that aspect. But it's just frustrating bc there are other people like me, that have been very cautious overall (have you seen the pic of us on plane & my roots/lack of botox??). I have quarantined for the most part, but we are getting "penalized" bc we live in states w/#s on the rise. What's not to say a state with low #s has multiple travelers that have not been taking safety precautions and test positive upon arrival?? They could have also just infected pax on the plane ride down (whom wont test positive for days as they run around the island). Yes, you are to be wearing masks on plane, but I was sitting in row 2 and a young guy was talking on his cell phone from the time he walked onto plane until at least the middle of plane with no mask on. People had masks on & off to drink, talk, get comfy etc.

Plus they need to take into account that people are taking multiple tests. My hubby & myself took 4 each. If we had tested positive, that is counted as 8 tests added to the overall # vs 2. they are not counting on a per person basis but on total # of positive tests. (& Please don't take what I'm saying out of context, I'm not trying to open a debate or can of worms regarding #s & such). I have been racking my brains out, trying to figure out options so we can test upon arrival to AUA, not prior - like maybe AUA requires you to have an additional travel insurance that provides air ambulance service back home if you test positive upon arrival. I don't know the legalities or a countries responsibilities to travelers in this aspect or if they might have to provide a certain level of care. OR maybe see if AUA can establish a relationship with testing facilities in the USA that will expedite the results, even at a higher cost?? They could probably team up with (if not even put this on them) 3rd party booking sites & OTAs like vrbo, airbnb, booking.com, expedia etc and/or even major hotel chains bc they are going to loose $$ if people can’t travel. Plus, it’s a nightmare right now for them (& property owners) – having to refund $$ due to Covid. There is a lot of free space before security in airports to set up testing sites. I would drive extra distance to an airport to know I could get tested. Look at how many people said they were driving all over the state of Florida to get a test.

I didn't mind paying $149 for a test since I was guaranteed results. I was ready to pay $199/person. And with airfare being lower right now, that helps offset these additional costs. (other things are costing less, too - ie my rental car, I never saw bucket of beer so cheap than last night, another restaurant reduced their prices; & I'm sure these guys aren't the only ones reducing prices). I'm trying to think outside the box so it will be fair & safe all around and people can still enjoy Aruba. It's a win-win, we are still safe, get a great place to visit and we help Aruba economy gets back on track, otherwise, there is going to be a drop in # of visitors which means less $$ coming in on tourism side. Has it been posted yet on how many people tested positive yesterday?? If I wasn’t so passionate about this or seen what our friends that live here have been going through/$$$ lost, I wouldn’t be posting so much, trying to find solution. I am not one to post my thoughts like this – I have been a member on this forum since 2013 & said more in the past few days than in 7 years. I know I don’t have the answer – but maybe someone can play off something said, kinda like a think tank Anyhow, that’s my 2 cents - off to dinner!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I share your passion charterprincess. I completely understand why Aruba has adopted all these safeguards. They are being very smart and cautious. On the other hand, I live in a state (TN) with one of the lowest death rates in the nation, 108 per million, and a case rate of 8,900 per million. But I have to be tested first because of our recent spike. There are other states with death rates 15,000 or 16,000 per million and case rates of 20,000 per million and their citizens can fly in without a test. I am not knocking any residents of these states. It is all very logical and wouldn't bother me if I were able to get tested within the time frame and go.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohair View Post
    I share your passion charterprincess. I completely understand why Aruba has adopted all these safeguards. They are being very smart and cautious. On the other hand, I live in a state (TN) with one of the lowest death rates in the nation, 108 per million, and a case rate of 8,900 per million. But I have to be tested first because of our recent spike. There are other states with death rates 15,000 or 16,000 per million and case rates of 20,000 per million and their citizens can fly in without a test. I am not knocking any residents of these states. It is all very logical and wouldn't bother me if I were able to get tested within the time frame and go.
    I believe all visitors from the US must be tested regardless of their states number of cases. Nobody can just "fly in" without a test.

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    is this the self test that you mailed in?
    No, this was test performed at Access365 urgent care.
    1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    there are some Hot States" and the residents of those states MUST be tested PRIOR to flying to Aruba.
    the non "Hot States" ...folks are required to be tested as well except they have the option of tasing 72 hrs before flying or testing in Aruba upon arrival.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea;
    What I wish Aruba would take in consideration is not when they took the "specimen" but when they actually tested it
    What is happening with all the increase tests; they are stored until they can run the test.
    My test from work is done in 24 hrs; results in 2 days; however with the increase we get it in one week.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    exactly! Im all for safety & rules, but getting test results back literally changed Overnight from 24-48 hours to 5-10 day. Fda website shows serious shortage for tests, too. I dont think the pre-testing requirement will be going away & have feeling testing times are only going to get worse for the immediate future. I’m just trying to be proactive. A great help would to be able to see where everyone that was required to pre-test took their test. Its hard to search online & cold calling. The place i tested & got me my results (access 365 urgent care) did not come from searching online. They never came up. That was referral from hospital. I am surprised there are no/very few fast testing sites for travelers. Access 365 said they most likely be able to turn them around in under 2 days anymore, they will be at least 3-5 days.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I believe all visitors from the US must be tested regardless of their states number of cases. Nobody can just "fly in" without a test.
    Walt, I realize that everyone must be tested either in their country or in Aruba. I just wanted to point out that some can fly without being tested first and that others must be tested before they can fly. It would actually be safer and more logical to require that everyone be tested before they can fly.
    1 0