This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A slight change in the Wording (test can be done between 3 days to 4 hrs prior)

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

A slight change in the Wording (test can be done between 3 days to 4 hrs prior)

it went from 72 hours to 3 days (update a couple of days ago)

it is on the Aruba.com site as follows

https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-he...ts#component-3

"THE ONLINE EMBARKATION/DISEMBARKATION PROCESS

All visitors (including children) will be required to complete the online Embarkation/Disembarkation card process and be approved in order to be permitted entry to Aruba.The new ED card process includes five components. Do take note carefully, as there are important steps, and visitors will not be granted access to Aruba without completing the process. Note: You will need a valid passport and a valid email address that you have access to.
    COMPONENT 1 & 2: BASIC TRAVELER INFORMATION & PERSONAL HEALTH ASSESSMENT

This will require travelers to provide basic personal and travel details such as: date of birth, passport information, length of stay, etc and require visitors to provide truthful, accurate answers to questions regarding their health. These questions will likely include:

• Have you (or the person for whom you completed this form) been suspected of or diagnosed with pneumonia or the COVID-19 infection within the past 14 days?
    • Did you (or the person for whom you completed this form) have any of the following symptoms in the past 24 hours: fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, or loss of smell/taste?
    • Have you been in quarantine within the past 14 days?
    • Have you had any close contact (less than two meters) for more than 15 minutes with a probable or confirmed COVID-19-infected person within the past 14 days, including persons in quarantine or isolation?

Timing: This must be completed within 3 days hours and 4 hours prior to travel to Aruba.
    COMPONENT 3: NEGATIVE MOLECULAR COVID-19 TEST

To create a safe environment for you — our guest — and residents alike, it is important that we have testing to confirm that all travelers are negative for coronavirus.
    All visitors, 15 years and older, traveling to Aruba must take one Molecular COVID-19 test within 3 days to 4 hours prior to travel to Aruba.
    Find the testing option best suited to you on the COVID-19 Testing Requirements page.
    New: Alternatively certain eligible travelers who meet the requirements may provide proof of vacinnation instead of testing. Read the complete details on this COVID-19 Vaccination for Travelpage.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?
    Karma...It is pronounced "HaHaHaHa"
    SIDTM

2 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, I'll bite. What's the difference?

0 1

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    People have been hoo-ing and ha-ing over this vs that for so long. I honestly don't think the officials really cared but maybe they're tired of getting calls and emails about the 72 hour vs 3 day thing?

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Okay, I'll bite. What's the difference?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The ridiculous part of this is that after taking a test 3 days (or 72 hours) before your flight you should technically self quarantine until your flight! A negative result on Wednesday before a Saturday flight is only negative at that time. Who knows where else anyone could come in contact and be infected by the time they arrive in Aruba?
    Brian

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly.
    they were quibbling about hours.
    the Day configuration is better.

no worrying about times or missing by an hour or 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    People have been hoo-ing and ha-ing over this vs that for so long. I honestly don't think the officials really cared but maybe they're tired of getting calls and emails about the 72 hour vs 3 day thing?
    SIDTM

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    3 days is easier...I too was worried about exact hours. Thats the good thing about the vault test coming down as only said the day and not the time.
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So if you are traveling to Aruba on a Saturday morning, you can test any time Wednesday - no need to worry about flight time, correct?
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Correct cmynes
    SIDTM

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an employee that returned to work today from a cruise last week. One of their port days was in Aruba. He told me that not one person was checked for anything when they got off the ship in Aruba and spent the day there. I'm curious as to why the there is a difference in this and a person flying in to Aruba????
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    One day visitors do not have to test.
    The cruise ships do present their passenger list to Aruba customs and immigration.
    I know Carnival was in last week for a day and I know they were at 85% vaccinated and the unvaccinated were kids under 13 yrs old. They also had a handful of unvaccinated adults but very few.
    SIDTM

0 0