This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Test Results to Fly on Friday

Post Thanks / Like

Test Results to Fly on Friday

Am anxiously awaiting PCR test results from Walgreens for myself, husband and two daughters to fly out on Friday morning at 10am, on Jet Blue, out of JFK. Hubby and I tested at 10am on Tuesday and kids tested at 3:30pm when they got home from school.

Getting super nervous about filling out the ED Card and uploading results. Fearing I will either be at the airport or in our hotel room, the night before, trying to get results uploaded and ED Card done.

We need a nice, relaxing, stress free trip, soooo bad. The past year and a half has been very stressful, with this Pandemic, working from home, remote school, etc. I don't want to have a mental breakdown at the airport. I mean it almost always happens to me on our family trips. One year we flew out of Bradley, for the convenience of location and on the way up a Monsoon-literally, worst rain storm in like 50 years, hit us. People needed to get rescued from their cars, on flooded streets, by the National Guard in freaking tanks!! Every single flight was delayed the next morning. I stayed up all night in the lobby (while my family peacefully slept in the room) on the phone with the airlines trying to find another flight to Aruba, since we were more than likely going to miss our connection in Atl. and the first day & 1/2 of our vacation. After several hours on hold, and with an agent, the best solution we came up with was to "run" to our connection LOL Yeh...luckily our "delayed flight" took off on time, we landed 20 min early and our next gate was only like 5 away, so we made it smoothly.

Please send me good vibes to get this done smoothly. Thanks!!! <3

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck with the results and let us know! Enjoy your trip! You will be there in no time!!
    Pictures from our Oct 2021 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZNDCceAbJT5sECfE8

Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    First, welcome to the posting side. Second, try to relax. The ED process can be intimidating, but once you have your results, it actually becomes quite simple. Make sure to print out a paper copy of everything (ED card, green checkmark, test results, etc.) to take with you in your carry-on. Good luck, hope you have a stress free trip.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey ,Ill be on that flight !Good luck ! I used the Abbot ID NOW from my local dr office this time, I was nervous but then I realized the sticker is the exact ID now that I used my last 3 trips from a CVS at a clinic in Hartford . ID Now is great because you get results in like 20 min. in hand. We only fly out of JFK direct because my wife suffers from vertigo and dont want to take too many chances going up and down ! Bradley is 20 min from my home.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! I can't wait!! :-)
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by almaringola View Post
    Hey ,Ill be on that flight !Good luck ! I used the Abbot ID NOW from my local dr office this time, I was nervous but then I realized the sticker is the exact ID now that I used my last 3 trips from a CVS at a clinic in Hartford . ID Now is great because you get results in like 20 min. in hand. We only fly out of JFK direct because my wife suffers from vertigo and dont want to take too many chances going up and down ! Bradley is 20 min from my home.
    So much for the convenience of having an international airport close by -am I right?- LOL
    Last edited by Arubafanforyears; 10-06-2021 at 02:02 PM.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not used to posting on this board, only reading. Sorry. No clue how to delete this reply to no one, so I am just changing it.
    Last edited by Arubafanforyears; 10-06-2021 at 02:06 PM.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    First, welcome to the posting side. Second, try to relax. The ED process can be intimidating, but once you have your results, it actually becomes quite simple. Make sure to print out a paper copy of everything (ED card, green checkmark, test results, etc.) to take with you in your carry-on. Good luck, hope you have a stress free trip.
    Thanks for the Welcome, Walt! And thank you for your reassuring words and tips! I appreciate it.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    you will be fine! (fingers, toes and eyes crossed!)
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Don't mean to thread steal, but did not want to create a whole new thread for this but... I filled out my ED card yesterday and paid for the insurance, I got tested today for covid and got my results back and realized I can't upload to ED now. Am I ok to just print my results and take them with me? Will they accept them?

I have my 'green check' printed, and a lab report from walgreens that shows all the information they asked for and a negative result that I printed myself at home. I got the Rapid diagnostic NAAT test.
    0 0