This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Testing Days and Air Travel Days. (thanks to DS)

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Testing Days and Air Travel Days. (thanks to DS)

If you Fly on Sunday test on Thursday

If you fly on Monday test on Friday

If you fly on Tuesday test on Saturday

If you fly on Wednesday test on Sunday

If you fly on Thursday test on Monday

If you fly on Friday test on Tuesday

If you fly on Saturday test on Wednesday
    May 6 - 20, 2021 https://photos.app.goo.gl/uPe2KC3P7bqhnpMT8
    THINK........ is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Great advice. But "they" are saying you should plan your travel for later in the week. We are scheduled to fly there on a Wed, meaning Sun testing. But UPS is not open on Sun, so your test doesn't get shipped out until Monday. We are changing our travel days for this very reason. Just a heads up to everyone!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I travel on a Monday making the time leading up to, and especially, Friday, very stressful.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hear ya!

I also believe the testing for any day of travel is stressful.

Travel, even for fun/recreation is stressful.

Quote Originally Posted by __steve__ View Post
    I travel on a Monday making the time leading up to, and especially, Friday, very stressful.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    If you Fly on Sunday test on Thursday

If you fly on Monday test on Friday

If you fly on Tuesday test on Saturday

If you fly on Wednesday test on Sunday

If you fly on Thursday test on Monday

If you fly on Friday test on Tuesday

If you fly on Saturday test on Wednesday
    Thank you.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    If our flight arrives at 2PM on a Saturday, does the time of the test taken on Wednesday have to be after that to ensure the “within 72 hours “ requirement, or are they not that anal?

Cheers,

George
    April/May in Aruba - ahhh
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    You should measure the 72 hours from the time of your plane's departure (directly) to Aruba. So if your flight itinerary has a layover, then you measure the 72 hours back from the time of departure of the second leg of the flight. If you have a direct flight, then you measure the 72 hours from the time of departure of your direct flight.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    This ^^^^

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    All, just be sure that you will get your results back IN TIME to complete the Aruba ED online. We ran into this issue!

We tested at 9am on Thursday for our 6:30am Sunday flight. By 5:30pm on Saturday, we did NOT have our test results back (coming via email). I started to panic (right Andrea?).
    I completed the online ED form without having the Negative Covid results to upload because it was my understanding that the form must be submitted at least 12 hours before your flight departure time to Aruba (if I'm mistaken, please correct me). We were going out at 6pm on Saturday and would not have access to a computer. I filled out the forms without the Covid tests and opted to be tested at the airport upon arrival and paid the fee.
    Later that night, we received the email with our Negative Covid test results. It was too late to change the form, so we printed the tests out and brought them with us to Aruba.
    Upon arrival, we showed the negative test results and were given the two cards indicating compliance with this requirement...one you relinquish as you leave the airport, the other you provide at your hotel/ timeshare.

The folks with the bright green shirts at Aruba airport were very helpful explaining the procedure to us for getting a refund of the $75/PP testing fee that we paid. We could either get tested for our return to the US at one of the hospital's testing sites and they would use that payment as a credit to pay the testing fee, or we could apply for a refund online. I will keep you advised as to how this turns out.

In any case, we had been assured that our test results would be back by Saturday AM at the latest!! We later read on that lab's website that due to increased testing because of spring breaks, test results could take longer than 1-3 days?! Talk about being between a rock and a hard place.
    All's well as we are here now, but please make sure your results come back timely!
    Brian

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    and returning to the USA, many are recommending testing 48 hours out, in the event of a delay or cancellation.
    Aruba has a testing turn around time for those passengers heading off island of about 6 hours +/-
    that adds a 24 hr cushion.
    1 0