This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Testing Strategy

Post Thanks / Like

Testing Strategy

So we're really getting excited about our trip. The only thing we're wondering is how to go about testing. We need results before we board in Charlotte and we have to be tested within 72 hours prior to boarding. Now since 24 hours of the 72 hour testing period is Thanksgiving, that puts us in a potential situation of not having the coveted green check on our ED card. Since the "hot state list" has been eliminated do we pick one of these? Or do one of you guys have a better idea or way to accomplish this?

1) no worries, just test in Aruba

2) get the PCR test Wednesday and stress the entire time including Thanksgiving about getting the results in time and possibly have to test in Aruba anyway

3) have another cocktail and hope for the best

Thoughts? Anyone else leaving Saturday the 28th? What's your plan?

Andrea, is this in the right place?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    If it were me, I would just test in Aruba.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Ditto

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps get tested in time to obtain results in advance to give yourselves a comfort level and then test in Aruba? But have a few more cocktails anyway!
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would find a test locally and test on Wed.

You fly out on Sat right?

Get the test done...ask your dr where to get a rapid PCR or call your local board of health or check Walgreens site for rapid tests in your area.
    Then after the test, proceed with thanksgiving and drinking.
    There is no reason for you to think that you or Pam are positive.

Then 12 hrs out from departure do your ed card and test upload.

I do not want to test in Aruba because if I were positive I do not want to be there isolated.

I am the last person to give "unstressed advice". I not only stress about things, I stress about stressing.

Our plan is: testing at our local senior center.
    We have an appointment for Monday for a free PCR nasopharyngeal and they guarantee 72 hrs or less and they send the email results with the proper information on it.
    We have done this test 2x each so far as practice runs.
    Last Monday we tested at 1 pm and we got results on Wednesday b4 noon.
    The Monday before we tested at noon on a Monday and got the results at Wednesday at 8 am.

My friend and neighbor who teaches in Baku, Azerbajian who was supposed to go back in August finally got the A-OK from the USA embassy to head back on Thursday. She tested this morning @ the local senior center AND got her negative results back at 4:45, less than 6 hrs later!!

All FREE testing from the Fl Health Dept.

What are Bri and Tracey doing?
    Knowing Tracey, and she is a stressed like me, I bet she has a test lined up with 4 back up plans.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I am heading down the first weekend in December. I am planning on getting the test in advance.

I just found out today from someone in my hometown who is in Aruba now, that both she and her husband -- traveling separately, days apart, both got results back in around 24 hours. Although it will be a three-hour round-trip drive for the testing, I am OK with it. I would rather not quarantine upon my arrival in AUA.
    0 2

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    2) minus the stress +
    3)

Worst case, the results don’t come back by Friday night and you have to test in Aruba. We now know testing on arrival isn’t so bad. I’m thinking you may get your results by Friday afternoon.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Walt; I a m very OCD (son calls it CDO) get tested in advance,
    Results are coming back quicker too. My work used to take days, now usually 24 - 32 hrs max.
    You don't want to be quarantined in Aruba wondering if all is ok.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a dilema. I found an Urgent Care Center one mile from me who promised me results for a PCR test within 24 to 48 hours. I told them I would leave on Saturday morning they said come in on a Thursday and we will have the results for you by Friday evening. However, now NY also requires a 72 hour test prior to flying to NY so I would end up testing in Aruba on day 5 or 6 and what if I test positive and get quarantine I can't fly back home.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    I have a dilema. I found an Urgent Care Center one mile from me who promised me results for a PCR test within 24 to 48 hours. I told them I would leave on Saturday morning they said come in on a Thursday and we will have the results for you by Friday evening. However, now NY also requires a 72 hour test prior to flying to NY so I would end up testing in Aruba on day 5 or 6 and what if I test positive and get quarantine I can't fly back home.

Is there any way you can fly back to NJ? I have friends from MA and same thing, they flew into NH vs MA
    and got retested in MA at walk in clinic.
    0 0