This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Testing Strategy

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you test positive and cannot fly back to NY, then you contact the "covid concierge" on your app and you will be transported to the covid isolation residence.
    You would be required to be isolated there.
    There you will stay til you test negative and can fly back home.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    I have a dilema. I found an Urgent Care Center one mile from me who promised me results for a PCR test within 24 to 48 hours. I told them I would leave on Saturday morning they said come in on a Thursday and we will have the results for you by Friday evening. However, now NY also requires a 72 hour test prior to flying to NY so I would end up testing in Aruba on day 5 or 6 and what if I test positive and get quarantine I can't fly back home.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Is there any way you can fly back to NJ? I have friends from MA and same thing, they flew into NH vs MA
    and got retested in MA at walk in clinic.
    Yes I can fly to Newark. Not sure what rules are in place for NJ though.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Where does one get tested while in Aruba? The hospital? Some other location?
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes at the hospital, they do have drive thru.
    I am unsure if appointments are needed.

while at your resort ask the concierge for testing info.

also before you leave the airport when you arrive, ask one of the testing personnel about testing locations on the island.

and, your aruba health app may have list of testing locations.

Quote Originally Posted by rpumpire View Post
    Where does one get tested while in Aruba? The hospital? Some other location?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    our friends just got there yesterday. they from Toronto,had test done on Aruba,waited 24 hours and by noon today got ok to go about
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    24 hour wait is UNACCEPTABLE.
    Most of the test results (That I have been told of or read of) have been anywhere from 6 to 12 hrs.
    24 hours wait is a very very good reason to test B4 you get to Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by yefim8 View Post
    our friends just got there yesterday. they from Toronto,had test done on Aruba,waited 24 hours and by noon today got ok to go about

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Our strategy is to take a test at 72 hours, but if it doesn't come back by the day before our flight we are going to take a 15 minute test somewhere to be sure we are negative before getting on the plane. Even if that 15 minute test doesn't qualify for Aruba at least it gives us some level of confidence that we will be negative. We have tests scheduled at a lab in DC that claims results will be back in 24-35 hours. I think they process tests on site. I do anticipate more people wanting to test around Thanksgiving so they can be with their families, so hopefully the lab won't be slammed.

Julien from One Happy Photographer has put together this site: https://testfortravel.com/ There are lots of.locstions listed. Many of the rapid ones in Virginia are near Richmond. We may make the drive.. Since you are in Virginia, you may want to see if you have a local Velocity Urgent Care or NextCare. I am hearing you get results quickly from them. Walgreens and CVS in our area seem to be limiting tests to those who are symptomatic. You can't get an appointment online without completing a questionnaire.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone. We don't really want to test in Aruba, we will, but we don't want to. Tracey I can walk to a Velocity Urgent Care, I'm having Pam check with them while I'm at work today. Hoping for the best!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I would go with what some others said and get the test done in VA somewhere, hope for the results in time, but plan to pay for the one in Aruba too if your results are not back in time. Paying for the test online should get you the green check mark to get on in Charlotte if I am not mistaken. The only downside to all this is what the others have mentioned: having to quarantine in Aruba for however long and also, you could possibly be positive, but not likely. If I also remember right, if you are flying there and get your results in transit, you can show the airport that and then get your money refunded and not have to get the test done in the airport. Lastly, and I am sure this comes as a shock to no one that I say this: add several cocktails to this whole thing and you will be good to go!!
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Is PCR / RT-PCR / ddPCR / Rapid PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) the 15 minute test? If so, it is listed as acceptable.