This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Testing Strategy

Post Thanks / Like
    Robin, I've been all over the travel and test requirements pages at Aruba.com and I think you're right that the rapid PCR test is accepted.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Is PCR / RT-PCR / ddPCR / Rapid PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) the 15 minute test? If so, it is listed as acceptable.
    I have the list from the Aruba site. My plan is to call a few days before we need the test to see what kind of tests we have available in our area. It changes so fast, I think calling any earlier may result in outdated information as far as type of test being used and availability of the test. I know a facility near us that uses the Abbott ID Now tests, but whether they will still have them available in 2 weeks is in question. Like Andrea said, I have about 4 different plans, but for now it is just wait and see.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    yes at the hospital, they do have drive thru.
    I am unsure if appointments are needed.

while at your resort ask the concierge for testing info.

also before you leave the airport when you arrive, ask one of the testing personnel about testing locations on the island.

and, your aruba health app may have list of testing locations.
    I found some Aruba testing sites on Aruba.com Testing before your return flight

Some countries/states/cities require returning travelers to undergo mandatory quarantine or present a negative COVID-19 test upon arrival.
    What COVID-19 consumer testing facilities are available in Aruba?
    There are currently 2 clinics that perform COVID-19 tests for departing travelers:

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    The results in MA seem to be getting slower and slower! A friends daughter had the test Friday morning and just got the results an hour ago. So that as well over 4 days. I have a player who got tested 3 days ago and still has not received anything either.

I would test at home as I would be worried about testing positive in Aruba and that would stress me out, as would missing my entire 1st day.
    June 8th - can't get here quick enough!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I am a bit concerned about our trip next month. Cases in NJ are surging. Our county was in the single digits to mid teens. Today was over 50. The numbers in the area have been creeping up the past two weeks and I am concerned about the turnaround time. There is a place that does the rapid test less than an hour
    from us. Might have to consider going there rather than here in town.
    I have the same exact concerned while watching the news. As cases here in the USA rises and we get closer to trip, we might not be able to get tested with results for 72 hour turnaround time. I'm still waiting for updated though on airport testing that Aruba is still working out I guess.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    wait is over

I moved some of the posts
    Corona Virus effects in your hometown.
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    I'm waiting for Andrea or Walt to tell us that, while an interesting string, we've once again strayed off topic. Guilty as charged! LOL!!

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Get tested here and hopefully you have the results in time to upload the results, if not then testing in Aruba is the last resort.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    This may help anyone flying to Aruba on JetBlue, JetBlue is the first airline to work directly with Aruba to offer an at-home alternative test. Using saliva based PCR test from Vault Health. https://www.flyertalk.com/articles/j...ith-aruba.html
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorlem56 View Post
    This may help anyone flying to Aruba on JetBlue, JetBlue is the first airline to work directly with Aruba to offer an at-home alternative test. Using saliva based PCR test from Vault Health. https://www.flyertalk.com/articles/j...ith-aruba.html
    Very interesting and helpful info! Thanks and Welcome to the Forum!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum Dorlem56!

0 0