This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Testing/ vaccination card

Boca Catalina, Baby beach, the lighthouse at sunrise & Pure beach
    Post Thanks / Like

Testing/ vaccination card

I know its posted everywhere to get tested before & after your trip....which we've done several times...BUT my daughter works with a gentleman that just returned from Aruba a couple of weeks ago and asked him if getting test in Aruba was easy or was it hard to get an appointment. He said he didn't get tested at all going to or from Aruba ..he just showed he vaccination card . We're heading back to Aruba in about 40 days and thought we had to test but not we're wondering if the card works instead, he even showed to airlines the card and they let him board. Thanks in advance, Diane
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do know that people like Airline crew that are on the island for less than 24 hrs are exempt.

As of June 1, Aruba residents that are fully vaccinated, do not have to test for entry into Aruba.

Everyone has to test leaving Aruba if their destination is USA.

I cannot even begin to guess how he was able to go to and from.

Quote Originally Posted by OneHappyTraveler View Post
    I know its posted everywhere to get tested before & after your trip....which we've done several times...BUT my daughter works with a gentleman that just returned from Aruba a couple of weeks ago and asked him if getting test in Aruba was easy or was it hard to get an appointment. He said he didn't get tested at all going to or from Aruba ..he just showed he vaccination card . We're heading back to Aruba in about 40 days and thought we had to test but not we're wondering if the card works instead, he even showed to airlines the card and they let him board. Thanks in advance, Diane
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 1

Druif Beach, Divi Divi AI, Red Sail Sports, Black Pearl
    Post Thanks / Like
    People of the United States please know Aruba requires PCR Molecular COVID-19 test SPECIFICALLY! We got the antigen test, negative result and are vaxed! On arrival today we were rejected and required to pay $75 per person at the airport for the PCR test (nose and throat swab) and now must stay in our room until result is in tonight. ASK for the PCR test by NAME. CVS in America have antigen routinely. I sadly believe Aruba making $75 a person plus insurance payment is real income in struggling times. This is a joke.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’m sorry that you have to quarantine in your room until your test results return. The website clearly states no antigen tests acccepted for entry into aruba. https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-he...ts#component-3

No this is not a joke. If we as tourists want to visit Aruba, we have to abide by their rules. The insurance is very helpful to all that test positive and have to isolate. The insurance monies go towards all of the extra things that Aruba is doing to keep us safe and healthy, including but not limited to medical care for those that are affected, housing and transportation etc.

I hope your test comes back negative and in a timely fashion and then you can get on to enjoying your vacation. I am sorry that you were not informed correctly or fully regarding no antigen testing allowed for Aruba entry. An antigen test is accepted for returns to the United States.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    I always tell people going to Aruba or anywhere overseas to read the rules of entry. Be it a specific visa, certain shots required or in this case the proper covid test, you need to know specifically what is required. Hopefully you have your negative results in hand and can begin your vacation. We have discussed this issue on this forum for months.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Even I am fully vaccinated (in Mexico) I expect to need a COVID pcr test.
    Does someone know if a test in spanish language will be accepted?

Edit: I already found it.

Your lab results need to be in English, Dutch or Spanish, and list:

• Your name, as it appears on passport
    • Date the test was collected
    • "COVID-19", "SARS-CoV-2" or "Coronavirus"
    • The type of Molecular test or Molecular test brand name (see below)
    • How the test was taken: "Nasal", "Nasopharyngeal", "Mid-turbinate", "Combined Oral/Nasal", or "Combined Oral/Nasopharyngeal", or "Combined Oral/Mid-turbinate" swab
    • Your test result: "Negative"
    Last edited by Poblano; 07-19-2021 at 04:38 PM.
    0 0