This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Time to say Goodbye

Post Thanks / Like

Time to say Goodbye

Sadly my wife and I have decided to cancel our trip to Aruba that was booked for late October. Aside from all our family and friends telling us we would be outright crazy to risk our health, I was advised that upon returning to Canada we would have to submit to a two week quarantine. However, I have rebooked for the end of January 2021 and am hopeful covid is under control by then.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no that's sad. I get your concerns, but please hang around. We just might be able to answer a question or two and keep you up to date on travel requirements.

Post Thanks / Like
    January is a nice time to be in Aruba. You’ll be able to get away from the cold winter weather. Sorry you had to reschedule.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Peter I am in a similar boat as you. I'm schedule to go to Aruba October 11th (rescheduled from March) and every day I go back and forth on whether to go or postpone again. I know this wasn't an easy decision.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I get it.
    You need to do what fits for you and your wife.
    Aruba will be waiting for your January arrival.
    Your dog looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterWB View Post
    Sadly my wife and I have decided to cancel our trip to Aruba that was booked for late October. Aside from all our family and friends telling us we would be outright crazy to risk our health, I was advised that upon returning to Canada we would have to submit to a two week quarantine. However, I have rebooked for the end of January 2021 and am hopeful covid is under control by then.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Bummer. I get it though. Luckily I am working from home during this covid mess, so two weeks at home is what I’ll be doing either way. I hope you get to go in January
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    For those who are debating to change your dates;
    Aruba will still be there when ever you decide to return;
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for all the responses. Though we're sad that we have to delay our vacation we are equally excited about the possibility of vacationing in Aruba in January. The schools in Canada have just reopened and like many countries the number of new covid infections are on the rise. I'm really hoping people will smarten up before the government is forced to clamp down once again. Hopefully by January the mandate to quarantine when returning to Canada will be cancelled. Maybe it will take a vaccine or maybe just better testing methods for those who are not sick.
    0 1