This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Urgent update

Post Thanks / Like
    Things will be different by the end of Jan. The holiday rush and everyone scrambling is the major cause. I travel in March as well and am not worried. I was there this past April when Aruba was a cat. 4 country and it was great.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Another question....if we are arriving in aruba on a Friday but our flight takes 2 stops....so we leave on thursday and arrive on friday in aruba is it acceptable to test based on your first leg? So it would be tuesday for us. From my reading this would be acceptable in the same manner if a flight was delayed for one day they would accept the original test results. Does anyone agree with our thoughts? Hoping to get to Aruba 2022
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    you would test on WED for Friday travel.
    2 DAYS
    it is measured in days, not minutes or hours.
    you could test as early as 12:00 am on Wednesday and travel thru the end of the day Friday.
    you arrive on Friday, count 2 days back til Wednesday.

flight delays/cancellations. I wish I knew how loosey goosey they are, but I do not.

Quote Originally Posted by oneil1343 View Post
    Another question....if we are arriving in aruba on a Friday but our flight takes 2 stops....so we leave on thursday and arrive on friday in aruba is it acceptable to test based on your first leg? So it would be tuesday for us. From my reading this would be acceptable in the same manner if a flight was delayed for one day they would accept the original test results. Does anyone agree with our thoughts? Hoping to get to Aruba 2022

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wleary View Post
    ok so i bought 5 spit tests totaling nearly $500 via jet blue that i can now toss because they're not nasal swabs!!!!
    thanks so much aruba - one happy island? i don't think so, not anymore
    Are we correct after reading this post that JetBlue, who used the Vault test which is done online and has been accepted to enter Aruba, is no longer accepted now?
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We appreciate Andrea for always giving us the latest updates. However, she always recommends us to review the Aruba Travel Website for clarification and details.

I just went to the website on account that I also use vault and no where does it state that vault is no longer being accepted. It has a section of test not accepted and it does list saliva test but it says 'with the exception of Vault" https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-he...g#your-options

Tests that are not accepted:

• Any at-home kits or self administered tests (the sample needs to be collected by licensed medical staff)
      • With the exception of Vault Health, ADL Health and Stage Zero Life Sciences

• Any test that does not rely on a nasal swab, such as:
      • Sputum, saliva and spit collection (spit in a cup, etc)
      • Gargle, oral rinse, etc
      • Oral swab without a nasal swab
      • With the exception of Vault Health, ADL Health and Stage Zero Life Sciences
    Last edited by ArubaAce; 01-02-2022 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Bolding some sentences
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wleary View Post
    ok so i bought 5 spit tests totaling nearly $500 via jet blue that i can now toss because they're not nasal swabs!!!!
    thanks so much aruba - one happy island? i don't think so, not anymore
    Incorrect. Go to travel website and you will see they still accept Vault.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    2 days is the new rule.

if the vault can get the results to you in 2 days then it is still acceptable. (must have results b4 you finish your ED process)

but let's say your travel day is Saturday.
    your test day is Thursday.
    you do the spit thing in front of the proctor and send it off on Thursday morning using UPS overnight.
    they get it on Friday and have until Saturday 4 hours prior to your departure to get it to you.
    what if you are leaving at 8 am on Saturday and you still have not received the result prior to ED process and check in?

not sure if this is a good option for many folks anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    Are we correct after reading this post that JetBlue, who used the Vault test which is done online and has been accepted to enter Aruba, is no longer accepted now?
    Sean and Susan

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your responses guys. We agree with both of your answers. Vault is accepted but risky timing for results on time. In N.J , residents are entitled to one free Vault test on N.J Covid website. They are good for 2 years, so if this mess clears up and testing goes back to 3 days, we will have them ready to go.
    Sean and Susan
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    2 days is the new rule.

if the vault can get the results to you in 2 days then it is still acceptable. (must have results b4 you finish your ED process)

but let's say your travel day is Saturday.
    your test day is Thursday.
    you do the spit thing in front of the proctor and send it off on Thursday morning using UPS overnight.
    they get it on Friday and have until Saturday 4 hours prior to your departure to get it to you.
    what if you are leaving at 8 am on Saturday and you still have not received the result prior to ED process and check in?

not sure if this is a good option for many folks anymore.
    Yes it could be risky for 2 days unless they can expedite due to the changes. When you order a vault test you have to specify why you are testing. If you choose travel, the return UPS package has a pink label on the bottom so that lab knows this test is for travel and has to be prioritize. However, last trip in Sep 2021 they had delays and it was pretty close. I tested at 8am on a Wed, dropped off at UPS 9AM when they opened. The next day Thursday i received notification at 730pm that they received test. On Friday at 7pm I received my negative results. If this where to happen testing on a Thursday I would not have had enough time. Usually I would test Wed AM, receive email next day Thursday by 1130am and result by 730pm Thursday so it was only taking 24 hours. Something occurred in Sep that caused delayed but they assured me that they had a staff working 24 hours to get results to folks in time and they came thru.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Good point Ace. Looks like a backup plan is needed unless things change by February. We recently got tested for a 24 PCR test and it took 3 days to get results. They said they were overwhelmed. If this was for travel, we would have missed our flight.
    Sean and Susan
    0 0