This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: USA Hot Zones for Aruba changes Nov 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope it eases up travel while still being safe. I wanted to go to Bermuda last month but they require testing 72 hours before flight like Aruba but still make you test at airport when you land and if you are staying for a week, you have to go to a medical center and test on day 4 of your vacation. Very tedious which makes Aruba's rules with the insurance, testing more accommodating. We shall see what the new rules are.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Announcement from Prime Minister Evelyn Wever-Croes

Starting November 1st, the current "hot zones" will be eliminated, which means that the below-marked cities, will have the same restrictions as the rest of the United States to enter Aruba. This for sure is great news, as it opens the possibility of welcoming more visitors to our island moving forward. Based on an analysis done by the Aruba Tourism Authority, there might be a potential gain of 7,000 visitors by month once the "hot zones" are eliminated.
    #2gether4Aruba

USA Hot Zones for Aruba changes Nov 1-screen-shot-2020-10-27-9-27-53-am-jpg

USA Hot Zones for Aruba changes Nov 1-screen-shot-2020-10-27-9-27-37-am-jpg
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know how much the PCR test costs or does insurance cover it? Because of medical procedures, I've had 4 Covid tests, all negative. Insurance has paid for all of them.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    PCR test in Aruba @ airport on arrival $75

PCR test here in the USA varies greatly.
    Our insurance covers for non travel reasons.
    We have been tested 2x each.
    Both times our medicare and supplement covered 100%

Our upcoming test in a few weeks will cost us $150 each.

Quote Originally Posted by bhoffdhoff View Post
    Does anyone know how much the PCR test costs or does insurance cover it? Because of medical procedures, I've had 4 Covid tests, all negative. Insurance has paid for all of them.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I’m not sure how to interpret this. The notation about “pre-boarding testing US” sounds like it’s possible that everyone from the US will need to pretest?

Do you think this will eliminate getting tested 72 hours before flight/completing ED card? Or will it be another option to test at the airport? This is all stressful. Can you imagine being all packed and ready to board flight & being stopped at airport with flight and hotel paid for? As stressful as it is getting tested before going to airport it seems better to know if you are traveling! Hopefully they will make it clearer.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cmynes View Post
    Do you think this will eliminate getting tested 72 hours before flight/completing ED card? Or will it be another option to test at the airport? This is all stressful. Can you imagine being all packed and ready to board flight & being stopped at airport with flight and hotel paid for? As stressful as it is getting tested before going to airport it seems better to know if you are traveling! Hopefully they will make it clearer.
    I’m really unclear. It seems to me like everyone will need to be tested prior to boarding. Don’t think that will make the 72 hour requirement go away but what do I know. We need to wait for more info I guess.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I’m not sure how to interpret this. The notation about “pre-boarding testing US” sounds like it’s possible that everyone from the US will need to pretest?
    I think it might be kind of like the pre-testing they're doing for Hawaii

Post Thanks / Like
    I am guessing they may do what they did with hot spots-you can get any test to board, but if it is not a PCR you will have to get tested in Aruba. But it it just a guess.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    We just need to wait til they announce.
    I am more than ready for something non stressful.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I like this change! Whatever the details are it seems that passengers can be tested either in their departure airport or in the Aruba airport.
    0 1