This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Wisconsin Testing

Post Thanks / Like

Wisconsin Testing

Hey all,

I'm retiring in December and we have 32 people going to Aruba. I know there are limits to how many can "congregate" and we are good with that. The problem I have is we are going on Sunday, Dec 6. I can't go to a doctors office to get a test. They won't do them because there is a free clinic in Madison at the Alliant Energy Center. That's all fine, but the issue is getting the results in time. I need the test at noon on Dec 3 (Thursday). As of right now, I understand they will only return a positive or negative result, and then I need to contact Public Health to get the lab documents. I don't think they work weekends so if I don't get the results back the next day (Friday), I won't be able to get the lab work.

Has anyone from WI had any luck or advice? Walgreens and CVS won't do it unless there is an exposure or any of the CDC guidelines, so I can't just go there for travel.

As for the Pixel test, has anyone done that or any of the other "approved" tests that also require a test in Aruba? I'm ok doing that, but they say 24-48 hours from when they receive it, so I need to mail it to them and hope it gets there in time.

I did contact Aruba about it and asked if I could take a test (PCR) a day early and submit that, and get one 72 hours before and if it's not back in time, take the test in Aruba. They basically said no.

I do have a friend who's a "bigwig" with public health. They are taking over for the military at the AEC and I'm trying to convince them to return the lab results with all tests, but they are busy fighting with the legislature who is suing them over school restrictions or something. (Not a political statement. Just an explanation on the delay)

Thanks for any advice!

Mike

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, We're in WI too. We got tested this week at the ProHealth Clinic in Brookfield, WI (Discovery Drive). It's their travel/occupational dept. I know that's not exactly close to Madison, but if you're willing to drive down. You can schedule the test in advance...actually you need to schedule in advance. They test on Wednesdays and Thursdays only. We had to pay $132/pp for the test and they won't submit it to insurance. They will test anyone...you don't need to say you have symptoms, etc. They told us the results would be back in 24-72 hours. Ours were back in 28 hours. You have to sign up for their "mychart" site to get the results. I know others who were tested at ProHealth's clinics and everyone seems to get the results back in 24-40 hours. Hope that helps!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Forgot to give you the phone number for ProHealth's clinic in Brookfield. It's 262-928-5900. Good luck!!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! That's less than an hour drive! And that was a PCR test? Thank you so much for the information!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the details. We are scheduled to arrive in Aruba in February and we hadn’t heard of any test that we could receive in time.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum
    I certainly hope that by February that the testing protocols will not be so frustrating and worrisome.

Quote Originally Posted by oneil1343 View Post
    Thanks for the details. We are scheduled to arrive in Aruba in February and we hadn’t heard of any test that we could receive in time.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum oneil1343.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good news! CVS Pharmacies are now offering travel covid tests (PCR). They cost $139 and say 2-3 days for results. Still cutting it close, but you get your results through MyChart, so it will be the actual lab results. I see there are several in the Madison area, another in Janesville and another in Rockford. I didn't look across the state, but if you need it, it's an option! And there are CVS across the country. https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/cov...untary-testing

0 0