This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 24 Years ago today trip #1

Post Thanks / Like

24 Years ago today trip #1

24 years ago today my wife and I first landed our on the tar mac in Aruba...the heat was something walking off the plane. We quickly got our things and we were off to the Hyatt for 10 days to celebrate our Honeymoon! We loved the Hyatt and felt like we died and went to heaven. 24 Years later we love Aruba more than ever. The people of Aruba make her special for all of us.

When was your 1st trip?

Post Thanks / Like
    What a nice memory!

Our first trip together was in 2009. Tom’s first trip was in 1973 when he was single. I just know he didn’t have as much fun as when we went together. We stayed at the Divi AI where I absolutely fell in love with Druif Beach. The staff at the Divi were wonderful. I was always surprised at how often one of the staff would come and hug me and ask how my day was going. It couldn’t have been better. Even though we eventually moved away from the Divi, I still have nice memories.

1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Love it. Its amazing how great everyone is about remembering their guests. Aruba has changed so much for us since 1996 I can't imagine what Tom thinks compared to 73. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    What a nice memory!

Our first trip together was in 2009. Tom’s first trip was in 1973 when he was single. I just know he didn’t have as much fun as when we went together. We stayed at the Divi AI where I absolutely fell in love with Druif Beach. The staff at the Divi were wonderful. I was always surprised at how often one of the staff would come and hug me and ask how my day was going. It couldn’t have been better. Even though we eventually moved away from the Divi, I still have nice memories.

Post Thanks / Like
    When Tom went there were only 3 hotels and one paved road. Taxis were $2 wherever you wanted to go. Lots of cats, dogs and iguanas. His whole trip cost $210 including airfare and hotel and it was all inclusive for 7 days.

1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    My first visit was in the late 70s.
    It was a Pre and Post Bonaire trip.
    It was pretty terrific.
    I was with some Watertown MA teachers and a couple of college friends who were still in grad school.

I was about 23 and it was my 3rd experience out of the USA.
    I loved Bonaire, but really LOVED Aruba.
    We were there over Christmas break and it was an Arthur Frommer tour from JFK on a charter flight.

I really loved Bonaire and we have been to Bonaire 3x since that first visit of mine.
    We really really love Aruba and have been back 50+ times.

Love Peg's and Jay's comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    24 years ago today my wife and I first landed our on the tar mac in Aruba...the heat was something walking off the plane. We quickly got our things and we were off to the Hyatt for 10 days to celebrate our Honeymoon! We loved the Hyatt and felt like we died and went to heaven. 24 Years later we love Aruba more than ever. The people of Aruba make her special for all of us.

When was your 1st trip?
    [QUOTE=Pegmeister;360816]What a nice memory!

Our first trip together was in 2009. Tom’s first trip was in 1973 when he was single. I just know he didn’t have as much fun as when we went together. We stayed at the Divi AI where I absolutely fell in love with Druif Beach. The staff at the Divi were wonderful. I was always surprised at how often one of the staff would come and hug
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    1 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, another lover since the 70s! Great that you have loved the island so long and return over and over again....it says something huge about Aruba.

[QUOTE=Andrea J.;360819]My first visit was in the late 70s.
    It was a Pre and Post Bonaire trip.
    It was pretty terrific.
    I was with some Watertown MA teachers and a couple of college friends who were still in grad school.

I was about 23 and it was my 3rd experience out of the USA.
    I loved Bonaire, but really LOVED Aruba.
    We were there over Christmas break and it was an Arthur Frommer tour from JFK on a charter flight.

I really loved Bonaire and we have been to Bonaire 3x since that first visit of mine.
    We really really love Aruba and have been back 50+ times.

Love Peg's and Jay's comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    What a nice memory!

Our first trip together was in 2009. Tom’s first trip was in 1973 when he was single. I just know he didn’t have as much fun as when we went together. We stayed at the Divi AI where I absolutely fell in love with Druif Beach. The staff at the Divi were wonderful. I was always surprised at how often one of the staff would come and hug

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    jay when is your wedding anniversary?
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Our first trip was in 1983. We actually met Daniel Leo at a local restaurant, but the name fails me. Stayed at the Divi AI also. Remember renting a jeep for the day with another newlywed couple from Long Island. Best thing we ever did was to tour the country by ourselves.
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday was our 24th.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    jay when is your wedding anniversary?

Post Thanks / Like
    The jeep tour is a must do...I so agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba Kenny View Post
    Our first trip was in 1983. We actually met Daniel Leo at a local restaurant, but the name fails me. Stayed at the Divi AI also. Remember renting a jeep for the day with another newlywed couple from Long Island. Best thing we ever did was to tour the country by ourselves.