This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard about new requirements for travel?

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone heard about new requirements for travel?

My friend has a timeshare at La Cabana and they had a live thing on Facebook. here is the gist of what they told her.

"**The online form needs to be done before travel. It will bring u to a questionnaire about your health and travels. Also there will be a one time fee for everyone entering the island for future covid which you will pay when you fill the online form out, it directs you to this.

**If u r sick and seek medical care, they will isolate u til covid results come back and all people in your party need to be self quarantined. Upon arrival need a mask.

**Everyone needs medical insurance. They said US medical will not cover.

My question is, every medical insurance you buy requires you to submit the forms to them to get reimbursed. My medical pays for out of country because they already paid for me when I got sick in Aruba. You have to pay them in Aruba first anyway so I do not understand this at all. It makes no sense except to force you to buy something that is meaningless to them since they are going to have you pay them upfront.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post

My question is, every medical insurance you buy requires you to submit the forms to them to get reimbursed. My medical pays for out of country because they already paid for me when I got sick in Aruba. You have to pay them in Aruba first anyway so I do not understand this at all. It makes no sense except to force you to buy something that is meaningless to them since they are going to have you pay them upfront.
    My medical insurance is the same. They cover me out of the country and will reimburse me. I also had to use it once in Aruba. Paid by credit card in Aruba and my insurance reimbursed me to the penny with the proper receipts and documentation. Easy.
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- Oregon winecountry/coast: July 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2020

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    in aruba you must pay for services at the DR, Clinic or Hospital with either cash or credit card
    once home you SUBMIT to your own insurance carrier for reimbursement OR thru your trip insurance.

the "online form of which you mention" is the immigration form.

let's wait and see what the "official site has" to say
    it is an interesting subject gaby
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 06-03-2020 at 02:13 PM. Reason: spelling! thanks for letting me know
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    1 1

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you Andrea, cause i did pay and got reimbursed when i got home. And the online form of course Is the ED form, which we all know and love. According to “their” info, you must use the online form etc., which for first timers might not know that. the mask thing, that should be a given even. But that is why i wanted to post this cause if it isn’t here, i take it with a grain of salt until I hear someone here, mostly you, Andrea, telling me the facts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    in aruba you must pay for services at the DR, Clinic or Hospital with either cash or credit card
    once home you SUBMIT to your own insurance carrier for reimbursement OR thru your trip insurance.
    IF....your medical insurance covers you outside the U.S. Every policy is different so you need to check with your own policy.
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- Oregon winecountry/coast: July 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2020

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Folks need to remember that MEDICARE and MEDICAID DO NOT reimburse for medical care outside the USA (as well as some cases in the USA).
    Some of the supplements with Medicare DO INDEED cover reimbursement.
    I began Medicare insurance on Monday (Hooray) and yes the supplement that I also have with the Medicare plan covers reimbursement for out of country INCLUDING medical evacuation.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    2 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I start mine next month and i called them and they said yup, just submit the bills and proof of payment and if its necessary to evacuate you for medical reasons, you are covered. She said your policy has no restrictions at all, i worked for the state.

Post Thanks / Like
    It must feel like you received raise...and well deserved! I know there is no such thing as free health-care but I wish there was as it would certainly make changing jobs, or retiring a whole lot easier on people prior to Medicare/Medicaid.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Folks need to remember that MEDICARE and MEDICAID DO NOT reimburse for medical care outside the USA (as well as some cases in the USA).
    Some of the supplements with Medicare DO INDEED cover reimbursement.
    I began Medicare insurance on Monday (Hooray) and yes the supplement that I also have with the Medicare plan covers reimbursement for out of country INCLUDING medical evacuation.

Post Thanks / Like
    I retired at 45 with medical benefits. Husband isn’t 65 yet so he stays on my regular medical and i move to the supplemental which I don’t have to pay for. I pay for medicare and then the state reimburses me a portion of it

Post Thanks / Like
    Hubby got sick this year before we left for Aruba and ended up in Urgent Care a few days into our stay. We paid for the visit with the credit card and then for the meds with the credit card. He was able to submit the visit online and we got the full amount back-they didn't even take our copay. The meds had to submitted when we got back because we had to mail in the receipts. They reimbursed us what they would have paid if we had the meds filled at home, so our cost were our normal out of pocket meds costs.