This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aruba Bucket List .... for Newbies and Seasoned Aruba Visitors

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom has one item on his bucket list:
    Drive HIS red Ferrari off the Ritz property.

0 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Peg I am sorry but its going to be parked in my driveway...but I would be happy to let Tom drive it once Actually I would sell it, maybe Tom can buy from me? lol. Only kidding Peg, but I do hope one of us wins.

QUOTE=Pegmeister;348024]Tom has one item on his bucket list:
    Drive HIS red Ferrari off the Ritz property.[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing that is really on my current bucket list is getting crossed off this summer. My son is going to a Dutch Soccer camp in Aruba this summer that is going to be run by the Pec Zwolle academy coaches. Pec Zwolle is a Dutch professional soccer team that plays in the top division there. Getting to see him train with kids from Aruba in their stadium is going to be as much fun for me as it will be for CJ- I extended our summer trip by 5 nights so CJ could attend this camp. I may need some car rental help/advise as I am considering renting a car as going by taxi all week to camp is going to get expensive...but I really hate to drive in Aruba so time will tell.

My only other bucket list item is to either buy a spot or find a spot that we could rent for 5 or 6 months at a reasonable rate when we retire and our son goes off to college. I will most likely try to negotiate a long term rental rate at the Boardwalk...yep, I like it that much.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 05-23-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    The only thing that is really on my current bucket list is getting crossed off this summer. My son is going to a Dutch Soccer camp in Aruba this summer that is going to be run by the Pec Zwolle academy coaches. Pec Zwolle is a Dutch professional soccer team that plays in the top division there. Getting to see him train with kids from Aruba in their stadium is going to be as much fun for me as it will be for CJ- I extended our summer trip by 5 nights so CJ could attend this camp. I may need some car rental help/advise as I am considering renting a car as going by taxi all week to camp is going to get expensive...but I really hate to drive in Aruba so time will tell.

My only other bucket list item is to either buy a spot or find a spot that we could rent for 5 or 6 months at a reasonable rate when we retire and our son goes off to college. I will most likely try to negotiate a long term rental rate at the Boardwalk...yep, I like it that much.
    Any concerns with the language barrier? Cj will benefit greatly from this experience

1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    What an incredible opportunity for your son! He must be so excited!
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    On my Aruba bucket list would be a visit over the New Year's holiday some year.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    No worries at all. He is a very social and meets kids easily. He is also actually a pretty skilled young soccer player so that will put him at ease with his peers. He played with a kid for 2 days at the Ritz kids and became "close" but neither could really speak to each other but they figured it out. The other comfort factor for him is we know the owner of the Aruba Soccer Academy and are good friends with him. He is the goalie for the national team and also manages at the Ritz. Him and his brother, a former pro, run the academy where this training will happen.

We are actually going to do a little studying of Dutch over the next month plus so he can at least show he wants to communicate..they all speak English but I expect this camp to be in Dutch. I will in the stands for the entire week as well...I think he will be just fine but anything is possible- he is really, really excited so that is a great sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Any concerns with the language barrier? Cj will benefit greatly from this experience
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 05-23-2019 at 10:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    While in college I played for a second division (not paid) Portuguese semi pro squad and I was the only American on the squad. My coach did not speak a word of English- I had one friend on the team who was on my college squad that translated things for me...the only thing I figured out quickly was how to swear, lol. The experience was fun and I figured it out and I expect CJ to do the same despite being much younger than I was. I think soccer is a game that brings cultures together and this should be an incredible experience for him. He knows a little Spanish and will learn some Dutch before he goes and I am sure he will know a bit more when he comes back...I see this as a yearly thing for him if he enjoys it as much as I expect him to.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 05-23-2019 at 10:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The island is so amazing! The locals go all out with decorations and the entire island is in the Holiday spirits.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpumpire View Post
    On my Aruba bucket list would be a visit over the New Year's holiday some year.

Post Thanks / Like
    What an amazing opportunity for both of you Jay! Kids pick up languages much quicker than adults do, so he'll probably pick it up quicker than you. I'll be great.

0 1