This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Aruba Customs Screening

Post Thanks / Like
    One time I was screened because Ms Daisy packed some left over lemons from Superfoods. The Custom Agent just told me it was a no no, to explain it to her and he advised I check her luggage, carry on the next trip which I started doing. The Agent was very nice about it.

One time though coming back to NY from either St Martin or Cancun the custom agent pulled me, Ms Daisy and my oldest brother. My brother had a pony tail then and they mistook him for some known drug dealer from Columbia. They also pulled over this business man from a flight from columbia. They drilled holes in his shoes, dump his luggage contents on a table. They did the same to us and also took my brother to a room to be stripped search and he caused a scene in there. After 2 hours they let us go as they found nothing. The custom agent this mean lady said just go in a mean tone. I was really upset and on my way passed her I said to her No Thank You Very Much! It was a really frightening experience and we never knew what tipped them off to harass us. They were very mean about it. Well that 1 Custom lady was mean and the 3 male agents were nice and they were the ones that convinced her to let us go. My brother refused to be strip and so he did not strip, allow body cavity search as the female custom agent instructed the male attendant to do so.
    Last edited by ArubaAce; 11-05-2019 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Word change

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I spoke to my brother and he clarified a few things for me on that horrific day. We came from Aruba to NY. In baggage claim in NY Custom Agents had stormed because they had a tip about a drug smuggler from Columbia which landed around the same time the Aruba flight came in. Most of the passengers from our plane had already exited. We were late because our luggage came thru last and then luggage was coming in from Columbia so they pulled us since we are hispanic and this latin man from columbia as well. But detained for 2 hours! I remember I was going to file a complain but never did. I think I spoke to a Lawyer and he advise me it was a waste of time and effort. Oh well. I hope I never have one of those again. Sometimes they are suspicious when I travel alone which concerns me and they ask a lot more questions. Good thing no customs anymore in NY arriving from Aruba.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    wow!!!
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea, how was customs?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaveTheKidsWithMom View Post
    Andrea, how was customs?
    We breezed through, no real lines to speak of and no bag checks going out.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same as Tracey. Went right thru.
    0 0

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    Us, too, no,problem.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    going to elaborate to the customs comment.
    we breezed thru.........however it seemed that there were lots of Arubans pulled over to have their stuff X-rayd.
    the 4 Arubans in our aisle on the plane were all in the big line to be searched..
    I think (and I may be wrong) so many Arubans head to FL to do shopping and once home they have to pay duty.
    the price they pay in the usa and then the duty is probably still less $$ than they would pay here.
    people in front of us had a large rolling cooler with a lot of duct tape keeping it sealed shut.
    they were not stopped.
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    must be someone,s relatives
    0 0