This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aruba to do/not to do, bring/not to bring list

Post Thanks / Like
    I always have a flashlight or two in my backpack, I also carry a couple of glow sticks. Hey, ya never know. We've really cut down on the clothes we bring. Our must haves include the anchor for floating in the sea and our sunshade for the rental car windshield.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never thought of bringing our sunshield for the car!

Also too, re: power outages
    we now bring 2 small portable battery operated fans
    and
    1 large yankee candle

we have in many trips only been in a power outage 2x
    but it is important to be a little prepared
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I always have a flashlight or two in my backpack, I also carry a couple of glow sticks. Hey, ya never know. We've really cut down on the clothes we bring. Our must haves include the anchor for floating in the sea and our sunshade for the rental car windshield.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-01-2019 at 09:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I never thought of bringing our sunshield for the car!

Also too, re: power outages
    we now bring 2 small portable fans
    and
    1 large yankee candle

we have in many trips only been in a power outage 2x
    but it is important to be a little prepared
    thanks
    We started bringing the sunshade about 5 or 6 years ago. It really helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    We ALWAYS bring a fold up cooler and a sunhat for me. I am bringing less clothes.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Hi Walt, just a note on the anchor. We took one last year and absolutely loved it. We left it in the water all week and shared it with many. Start of second week it suddenly disappeared. We bought another one this year and clearly marked it and put a note to please feel free to use. This lasted about for days and hone again. Others at Playa Linda on our previous trips have left their anchor in the water and no one bothered it. We gave our rafts away before we left and we used our blow up noodles which were big and loved the . I guess we live and learn.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    That's just wrong, but as they say no good deed goes unpunished. I mentioned in my last trip report what we used for an anchor. It basically consists of a nylon backpack type thing they give out at events and trade shows and a piece of rope. Nothing fancy and certainly not expensive. You fill the bag with sand, tie the rope to it, and off you go. We take it in when we get out of the water, not because we don't want to share it, but because we want to be able to use it for the entire trip. If someone were to "borrow" it, we wouldn't be out much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lip balm with sunscreen is a must-between the wind and the sun, my lips can get really sore. Extra cables for my phone-had one break once on vacation so I bring two. Extra medication-just in case we get stuck somewhere-came really close 4 times. Shacks like protein bars for flight delays(more so once you have boarded and cannot get off), and extra contact lens. I also bring an adapter that you can plug three items in on outlet every where we go.

0 1