This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Aruba on my mind

Post Thanks / Like
    I make a list of things we need while still in Aruba and start getting them as soon as we get home. Everything goes into a box on top the ping pong/pool table in the basement. A few weeks ago, I started putting the stuff into suitcases and we do not leave our home until Jan. 5. The only thing left to pack are a few dresses, meds, make up, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    Great topic. We are 69 days away and have started our box in the hallway upstairs of things we need to bring. Not clothes. Fun stuff like papasons, lotion, our new sun-glass clips for towels. Funny how this forum is always concerned about bringing straws, soft sided cooler, coozies, insulated cups, duty free booze, happy hours, fun bars locations, ect. Glad we fit right in with this crowd.
    Sean and Susan

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    Progress.....now it's just packing and counting down..... and a thousand other things to do to get ready.....! BTW...you're gonna miss your Manchito....!
    I think we will miss it too. Next year maybe back to Costa Linda. We have to see how this one goes. The space in timeshare rooms just has us spoiled.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I think my phone is in an Aruba state of mind. I was checking some of my appointment dates and two of them for mani/pedi came up in AST time which is Aruba Standard Time. Even my phone wants to go to Aruba.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh boy....I have it and I have it bad. Getting more excited this year for some reason, maybe I need it more, seems like such a long wait when you book a year in advance. I know I will be useless at work the next 2 days, made my centerpieces today as I will be gone after turkey day and it will be too early for very christmas stuff so I made beautiful vases with blue, silver, white small ornaments in it with with pine cones, blue stones and little odds and ends. I just hope no none complains it is too soon, we had our Thanksgiving party last week.

Just took a shower and listened to my favorite song Its a Wonderful World which I always hear at the Divi Beach Bar and makes me so happy!

I'm anticipating all our friends we've met over the years greeting us with hugs and kisses, as well as all the divi staff who will hug us and kiss many times during our trip. We are planning on waiting for some of our friends in the lobby and have a cold drink waiting for them. can't wait.

My house right now is not making me happy with all the suitcases, dh already told me to bring another one out as these are already looking too full. I swear I tried hard but it never seems to work for me.

Oh well everyone traveling this week have safe flights and good weather

1 3

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our suitcases are on the dining room table, ready to finish packing...........
    2 rolling duffles and 1 rolling carry on.
    The cats are eyeballing the luggage and they had better behave!!

This is the first time in years we do not have any frozen meals that we normally bring.
    Paul did promise that he would cook a few times on the grill at LaCabana
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel like I am more excited this year for some reason too. Maybe because I really need the break from reality, maybe because we are considering a new destination next year, but whatever it is, I'm just ready. I have 2 days of work, then I am off Wednesday the day before we leave. We have staged most of what we are taking, but I will pack that day while Jon works. We have found it's easier for both of us if I just pack the way I want things..lol. We aren't taking a lot of clothes, but we are taking a lot of stuff - snorkel gear, drinking cups, soft sided cooler, inflatable tubes, etc etc. I may put up our Christmas tree that day too if the mood strikes. I've been very anxious lately and I just keep thinking once I get on the plane it will all melt away. I'm trying to think of how to just stay busy to get myself to Thursday.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I just wish all of you guys would hurry up and get there!

0 3

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    no kidding!
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I just wish all of you guys would hurry up and get there!
    0 1