This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Aruba in October

Post Thanks / Like

Aruba in October

Hi all

we are planning to go to Aruba last week of October. Do we need to be concerned about hurricanes?

just want to be prepared. Thank you

Charlene
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    No. As a rule, Aruba is "outside" the hurricane belt, but they have had close calls. That said when there are storms in the Caribbean the trade winds usually get sucked away, leaving the island pretty steamy for a while. It doesn't last more than a day or two, but you'll want to be in the water most of that time. We have been in October and never had an issue. I would plan on going if I were you and not give it a thought.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crl View Post
    Do we need to be concerned about hurricanes?
    https://www.government.aw/news/hurricane-season_48021/
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Appreciate your response. I thought so but it’s nice to hear from someone who has been there at that time. We are all booked! We are timeshare owners but have only been there in June. This will be exciting to go at different time. I do hope that like June, October will not be crowded. What are your thoughts about that? Thank you
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crl View Post
    I do hope that like June, October will not be crowded. What are your thoughts about that?
    Coincidentally, we were at friends who live here full-time last night and they talked about how they've noticed a change in the last few years (not just from the pandemic onslaught) - the definitions of "high" and "low" season are blurring and there seems to be a steady crowd year round (again, barring a pandemic). We've noticed that as well BUT when we've been here in the summer, it's definitely easier to get a table at a restaurant, go grocery shopping etc.

Anecdotally, whenever we've flown from Canada to Aruba, the plane is always full regardless of the time of year.

Now that a lot of people are feeling " vaccine freedom", I would brace yourself for crowds for the next couple of years. It's definitely crowded right now (June).
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. Good to hear and know. I was thinking with school back in session, it might not be a busy time. We shall see. Thanks again. Charlene
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I LOVE Aruba in October (one of my favorite times to visit the island). It is true it is not quite as breezy in the fall, in comparison to all of the other months of the year, but still wonderful. The fall is also a season where you see more adults vacationing on the island vs families, since all kids are back in school. You see many couples celebrating honeymoons and anniversaries and lots of brides on the beach in September & October - so it is a very romantic month to visit the island.
    Bella Ruby - a luxury vacation home for your next tropical adventure in Aruba: www.BellaRubyAruba.com
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I love October , We always go first 2 weeks of the month . Less wind and ocean is real warm. We went this April and I never went at that time. It was better than 40 degrees at home but with the wind and clouds it was chilly at 79 / 80 .
    0 0