This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aruba Sunset Viewing

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Aruba Sunset Viewing

Where is your favorite viewing area?

I have 2 favorite places...............
    1st - North of the windsurfing area (just beyond the Ritz) from the beach across from the Aruba Sunset Beach Studios.
    2nd- Eagle Beach anywhere but usually from out in front of Lacabana.

Is sunset part of your beach day or does your beach day end earlier and then you head back out later to view?

We usually are off the Beach before 4 pm then head back to watch right before dinner.

https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/netherlands/oranjestad
    click above link for sunrise and sunset schedule

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to watch it from the balcony of the room, where ever we’re staying. In May we had a wonderful view from our room at the Ritz. Since they also have live music outside it was perfect. Unfortunately, at Manchebo we had a large mango tree at the side of our balcony that totally blocked the view. So, we watched from the beach. Still very nice.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I try my best to watch every day from in the water at Druif Beach. When I go in March/April, sunset is about 6:50 PM so the beach is relatively dead and me and my friends walk over from the Divi Village front pool, or the the 10 feet from the new beach bar and get in the water to watch. Hopefully the night isn't too cloudy and you can actually see the sun drop under the horizon.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are my favorite spots to watch the Sunset:
    1) Standing on the patio of the Faro Blanco Restaurant at the California Lighthouse (with a cold Balashi Chill in hand)
    2) Sitting on a beach chair on the far end of Arashi Beach (just below the California Lighthouse)...with a pizza and a nice bottle of red wine
    3) Sailing on a sunset cruise along Palm Beach (with an Aruba Ariba in hand)
    4) Sitting on the colorful Adirondack chair on the beach in front of the Divi Pheonix (while sipping a pina colada)
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Where is your favorite viewing area?

Is sunset part of your beach day or does your beach day end earlier and then you head back out later to view?

Our first night we usually watch from Pelican Pier. It's a great view. I also like Nos Clubhuis for viewing in Palm Beach.
    You really can't beat watching from the beach. We have a few days were its part of our beach day, stay out from sun up to sun down. We also have days were we get back to the beach after an early dinner and catch the sunset from a beach bar.
    One of my favorite sunsets in Aruba was spent on our balcony at the Surf Club. We rented a studio and had a great view from a high floor. We watched quite a few from that balcony.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    My fav so far was on the beach at Flying Fishbone with a glass of their wonderful sangria.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    From our balcony at Amsterdam Manor overlooking Eagle Beach -- with champagne or wine, shrimp cocktail, and cheese & crackers.

Second favorite - dinner at Passions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aruba Sunset Viewing-58586615_10214751032873540_7917573890061107200_o-jpg   Aruba Sunset Viewing-59350610_10214799626088340_8200037031372390400_o-jpg   Aruba Sunset Viewing-passions_on_the_beach-jpg  
    Last edited by ~Amy~®; 07-25-2019 at 12:04 PM.
    ~Amy~® -- 37th trip to Aruba: New Year's Eve 2018/2019 -- Napa: March 2019 -- 38th trip to Aruba: April/May 2019 -- Boston: July 2019 -- Paris: Sept/Oct 2019 -- 39th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2019

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Amy - you are absolutely right about PASSIONS!! Especially the sunset view from those adorable "tables for two" which you show in your picture above.
    (I completely forgot about that when I made my list above - and it is one of my favorites!)
    Last edited by SkiChris; 07-25-2019 at 12:35 PM.
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    I love eating at sunset at Las Ramblas. Also, from the deck of the Black Pearl.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes!!!
    LasRamblas is a great spot.
    The food is delicious and the view lovely.
    Quote Originally Posted by susan.b View Post
    I love eating at sunset at Las Ramblas. Also, from the deck of the Black Pearl.