This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beach or pool and which resort has the best pool?

Post Thanks / Like

Beach or pool and which resort has the best pool?

When in Aruba do you hangout at the pool or are you all about the beach? For me I’m all about the beach but have to admit that when we go to the Renaissance Ocean Suites I tend to hang out at the pool. With our upcoming trip we’ll be staying a few nights at the Ritz. I’ve been hearing that the water is pretty shallow and even if you walk way out you’re still only waist deep? I think I will be opting for the pool especially since they have an adult only pool. So, what’s your preference?
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are both.........we make "camp" at the pool, we head into the ocean 2 or 3 times over the course of a day.

Post Thanks / Like
    We do both. We split our time between the beach and pool while we're at Surf Club, but we spend all day at the beach when we're staying at Holiday Inn. The water is quite shallow and crystal clear in front of the Ritz, and it's great if you just want to float around. You're taking floats right Peg? And don't forget an anchor.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes bring your float AND anchor so you don't end up floating off to South America

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We do both. We split our time between the beach and pool while we're at Surf Club, but we spend all day at the beach when we're staying at Holiday Inn. The water is quite shallow and crystal clear in front of the Ritz, and it's great if you just want to float around. You're taking floats right Peg? And don't forget an anchor.

Post Thanks / Like
    We like both. Prior to our son....all beach, when our son arrived we were all pool and almost no beach. Now that CJ is a bit older we get our Palapa on the beach and do the pool depending on our mood. We are in the pool at least once daily almost without fail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Definitely will take my papasan float! Never thought to take an anchor but have read that others bring them. Tom is neither a pool or ocean person. In ten years and maybe 15 trips he went in for a dip just once!!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    As long as we’re on a pool/discussion. What resort do you think has the best pool! I really like the Renaissance Ocean Suites pools, especially the one with a swim up bar!
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 03-26-2019 at 07:20 PM.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the Tropicana's pools. There is one with a slide and one with a waterfall where my older grandson says Captain Hook lives.
    I also like the Lacabana pool.....nice shallow area for water aerobics, large area where there is pool volleyball and the really nice slide!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the beach/ocean, but getting up early to secure a palapa is not my thing. I like playing in the waves, but there aren't a ton here like in NJ. I can see the beach and ocean from the condo and I'm happy with that. I rather be at the pool these days only because I can see the beach/ocean.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite pool is at the Hyatt because of the great water slide.