This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    Am I the only one who has to be fully unpacked before completely relaxing and feeling like vacation is official? I love having a Bright while I unpack but until everything is hung up, stored in drawers, etc. and I have changed clothes from "travel wear" to beach attire I cannot fully relax with that first REAL vacation drink at the beach bar.

I also like to hit the grocery store on the way to the hotel, too, and just get it all out of the way so that when I wake up the next morning we can have breakfast and mimosas on the balcony and not worry about having anything "to do" except relax.
    Amy, that is me exactly, stop at the grocery store after picking up the car (have that shopping list down to a science), go to the house, put groceries away, unpack, change into "island clothes" and then go for a cocktail.

The last few years we have been staying at Tropicana before our timeshare so there is no unpacking or grocery shopping to be done - straight into vaca mode
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    That being Amy you have made up my mind for this year. I am not packing any suitcases or clothes. I am boarding the plane with my bathsuit, flip flops, t-shirt, passport and wallet..... LOL
    That's really all you need in Aruba....LOL! As my husband always reminds me "less clothes, more money - if you need more clothes, just buy them." LOL!
    ~Amy~® - Sedona, AZ: April/May 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept./Oct. 2018 --
    Italy: Nov./Dec. 2018 -- 37th trip to Aruba: New Year's Eve 2018/2019

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Amy, that is me exactly, stop at the grocery store after picking up the car (have that shopping list down to a science), go to the house, put groceries away, unpack, change into "island clothes" and then go for a cocktail.
    Me, too! I'm in a "let's get this done" mode and don't even need a grocery list. While I'm checking into the room and hanging up clothes, the bellboy is at our rental car loading up the groceries on the cart to bring to our room. It's all done without thinking and we're always ready for 5pm happy hour by 4:30. LOL!
    ~Amy~® - Sedona, AZ: April/May 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept./Oct. 2018 --

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    The last few years we have been staying at Tropicana before our timeshare so there is no unpacking or grocery shopping to be done - straight into vaca mode
    But then your unpacking is just delayed. That would drive me bonkers.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    [QUOTE=~Amy~®;320845]Am I the only one who has to be fully unpacked before completely relaxing and feeling like vacation is official? I love having a Bright while I unpack but until everything is hung up, stored in drawers, etc. and I have changed clothes from "travel wear" to beach attire I cannot fully relax with that first REAL vacation drink at the beach bar.

You are not alone Amy, I unpack a lot of my items, leave the rest for the next morning. I too need to freshen up and switch to different clothes than I sat in all day on planes and airports. I know after a long day and a few cocktails that 1st evening I will be too tired to unpack even my toothbrush at that point :-)

Our first drink is usually beer that hubby gets from the lobby bar while we're in line to check-in if we happen to arrive at a busy time.

Second drink is when we walk right through the lobby of the Holiday Inn, straight to the beach after we find out our room is not ready. We can usually find a chair under a palm tree at that point. We both take a swimsuit in a carry-on and sometimes change on the plane (that's a fun task in that 2ft x 2 ft room) or at the hotel. Just sitting there in the shade with a drink in hand, feeling the wonderful breeze, listening to the music and allowing the memories to flood our consciousness is awesome.

Third, fourth and fifth drinks are usually in that same spot if we haven't fallen asleep. DH has to drag me to the room when it's ready. He unpacks right away, I don't unpack until just before bed that evening. As much as we enjoy a nice dinner, we normally opt for burgers, nachos, fries, hot dogs from the beach bar that first night because I refuse to leave the beach.

Hoping for a 30th anniversary trip to our favorite place.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    As soon as I unpack, then I am pretty much in "living in aruba" mode since we stay for a decent amount of time. Its like we've been there all along, lol

Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    That being Amy you have made up my mind for this year. I am not packing any suitcases or clothes. I am boarding the plane with my bathsuit, flip flops, t-shirt, passport and wallet..... LOL

I was going to put my swimsuit in my carry-on. Now I think I'll just wear it.

Hoping for a 30th anniversary trip to our favorite place.

Anywhere in Aruba~~~~