This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Better dollars or Awg (florin)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Better dollars or Awg (florin)

    Hi everybody

    I need cash and it's difficult to found an ATM who give me dollars. Can i check Awg or it's better to try to
    Found an ATM with dollars ? The change is it better for Awg when you
    Are Européen people ? ( i come to france)
    Thank you for your help.
    0 0
     

  2. #2
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    39,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    Every ATM that I have seen in Aruba has option for US$

    Check the ATM in resorts and casinos
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?
    Karma...It is pronounced "HaHaHaHa"
    SIDTM

    1 1
     

  3. #3
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    5,902
    Post Thanks / Like
    Casinos would be your best bet if you're having trouble finding dollars.
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the best of men!
    1 0
     

  4. #4
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    3,265
    Post Thanks / Like
    There were no USD in the ATMs at the main branches of Aruba Bank and RBC when we tried a couple of weeks ago. Both banks advised that they're not stocking USD around the island - only near the tourist areas but, even then, they both said there was no guarantee there'd be USD in the machines.

    #Aruba
    1 0
     

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    Thank you so much for your answer. We'll try ATM in casinos. Because
    There is no dollars in ATM of Oranjestad .
    0 0
     

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    There were no USD in the ATMs at the main branches of Aruba Bank and RBC when we tried a couple of weeks ago. Both banks advised that they're not stocking USD around the island - only near the tourist areas but, even then, they both said there was no guarantee there'd be USD in the machines.

    #Aruba
    If there were no usd, it's a trouble ? How can i find cash ? I hope i'll find in ATM of ressorts or casinos.
    0 0
     

  7. #7
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    3,265
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg05 View Post
    If there were no usd, it's a trouble ? How can i find cash ? I hope i'll find in ATM of ressorts or casinos.
    You can get Aruba Florins at all the bank machines and use that. Or... almost everywhere is taking credit cards now so that's a better option (and you'll get a better foreign exchange rate on the credit card).
    1 0
     

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok i found usd in ATM of casino. Maybe for the next time i 'll take florin. Thank you so much everybody for
    Your help.
    0 1
     

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    351
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe i'm missing something and this isn't related to this post specifically, but why is it some people specifically look for USD's while in Aruba? I find it so odd because the Florin is pegged to the Dollar. It dsn't matter which one you use. In my own experience the only time I take USD out when traveling instead of the local currency is when i'm traveling somewhere where the black market is the one everyone uses to get a better exchange rate.
    0 0
     

  10. #10
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    3,265
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arawak View Post
    Maybe i'm missing something and this isn't related to this post specifically, but why is it some people specifically look for USD's while in Aruba? I find it so odd because the Florin is pegged to the Dollar. It dsn't matter which one you use. In my own experience the only time I take USD out when traveling instead of the local currency is when i'm traveling somewhere where the black market is the one everyone uses to get a better exchange rate.
    Agree. We finally migrated over to using florins for cash transactions pretty exclusively this last extended trip. I suspect some people want USD as they're easier to use in other countries and florins are exclusive too Aruba. For the most part, we use a credit card in most transactions.
    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •