This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide

View Poll Results: Who would like sand on Boca Catalina?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 25.00%
  • No, I like laying on lava rock

3 75.00%

Thread: Boca Catalina “Beach”

Post Thanks / Like

Boca Catalina “Beach”

There is NO sand left at Boca Catalina “Beach”. The sand has not been replenished for many months. Boca is a important beach for tourist as it has some of the best snorkeling. Why has Aruba let this area become a moon scape? It is unusable. Aruba needs to be its best during these trying times.
    Poll: Who wants Boca Catalina to have sand?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    As a local, I don't get it. Boca Catalina has always been rocky in my near 40 years of existance. Sand has never been replenished there on a monthly basis. At most the public works department helps the natural process along sometimes. That natural process transports white sand up and down the Aruban coastline. Making some places have less sand than usual and this is where the department helps the natural process along and comes by and drops some sand on some select beaches. However, this never happens on a monthly basis, but more in medium to long term timetables like years or decades or after a strong hurricane passes nearby.
    Last edited by Arawak; 01-19-2021 at 05:03 PM.
    1 3

Post Thanks / Like
    I always assumed that the sand was controlled by Mother Nature. I know along Druif Beach there were trips when the beach was really wide and a few times when the water was right up to the palapas. The next trip it would be back to normal. Even if the public works department replaced the sand, Mother Nature could remove it overnight. Just my opinion of course, but I don’t feel we as tourists should expect to dictate how Aruba handles their natural resources.

1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    AS best as I remember, it has always been lacking sand.

When we go to Boca Catalina Beach, water shoes are a must.

Plenty of sand once in the water, with an occasional boulder..........those are pretty visible.

My complaint there is the litter.
    Some folks are so rude with their trash.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    who said the sand gets replenish monthly? There is sand usually covering the northern area. I will dig up some pics to post taken over the last 12 years.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been told that the head of the public works has been alerted to the lack of sand under palapas at Boca Catalina. His response was that they will assess situation. Not sure anything will happen unless more of us complain. Replenishment of sand was a normal occurrence at this beach until the last year or so. I have been there everyday the past two weeks and I see visitors come to the beach and just shake their heads and leave. It’s not right.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I dunno, I kinda have a problem complaining about the natural conditions of a country where I'm not a citizen.

0 2