This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Bringing Frozen Meat or Prepared Meals.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Bringing Frozen Meat or Prepared Meals.

Again, as in past Aruba travel, we are bringing some frozen prepared meals.

It's debatable as to whether Aruba Customs allows this, but in the past we and many others have done this with no confiscations, fines, jail time

We choose not to dine out for every meal in Aruba. We will have kitchen facilities where we will be staying.
    I choose NOT to cook while on any vacation ........however I do not object to warming things that were prepared and frozen at home, opening a bag of salad mix, throwing together a turkey sandwich for lunch and throwing bread or bagel in a toaster for breakfast.

Over the last few weeks we have had the following for dinner and I made double portions..........froze half for Aruba;
    eggplant lasagna
    alfredo with chicken and broccoli
    chicken/mashed cauliflower,
    boneless bbq ribs
    meatloaf and mashed cauliflower

we too will also pick up some meat skewers at Superfood and some grouper (real) at Daily Fish.
    Paul will be the "griller" those nights. (as I said I do NOT cook )

Why do we bring food? We do not go out to eat every night. We try to go out about half the time.
    Sometimes after a long day at the beach we just want to hang out, eat in and vegetate.

What works for us, does not necessarily work for many.
    As I said, I choose not to cook when on vacation.

All of these things are frozen rock solid, packed in a soft sided collapsable cooler and put in our checked rolling duffel bag.

We are still working on our restaurant list.
    All we know for certain is:
    Madame Janette
    Local Store
    Casa Nonna

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a question for you. With the new sin tax do you think that Aruba customs will scrutinize our luggage more? Last trip they waived us out the front door after we picked up our luggage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Again, as in past Aruba travel, we are bringing some frozen prepared meals.

It's debatable as to whether Aruba Customs allows this, but in the past we and many others have done this with no confiscations, fines, jail time

We choose not to dine out for every meal in Aruba. We will have kitchen facilities where we will be staying.
    I choose NOT to cook while on any vacation ........however I do not object to warming things that were prepared and frozen at home, opening a bag of salad mix, throwing together a turkey sandwich for lunch and throwing bread or bagel in a toaster for breakfast.

Over the last few weeks we have had the following for dinner and I made double portions..........froze half for Aruba;
    eggplant lasagna
    alfredo with chicken and broccoli
    chicken/mashed cauliflower,
    boneless bbq ribs
    meatloaf and mashed cauliflower

we too will also pick up some meat skewers at Superfood and some grouper (real) at Daily Fish.
    Paul will be the "griller" those nights. (as I said I do NOT cook )

Why do we bring food? We do not go out to eat every night. We try to go out about half the time.
    Sometimes after a long day at the beach we just want to hang out, eat in and vegetate.

What works for us, does not necessarily work for many.
    As I said, I choose not to cook when on vacation.

All of these things are frozen rock solid, packed in a soft sided collapsable cooler and put in our checked rolling duffel bag.

We are still working on our restaurant list.
    All we know for certain is:
    Madame Janette
    Local Store
    Casa Nonna

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good question. No idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    We got in a long line last May trying to get out of the airport. I am not the best flyer and am always anxious to get out of the airport and breathe that nice,warm Aruban air. I remember saying to my husband that It wasn’t a very Welcome to our Island feel I was getting- grrr. My husband told me to chill my butt! I think it depends on luck of the draw and we weren’t lucky last year. They did waive us through and they did not open our luggage but that wasnt true for everyone.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The only time we had an issue is when we landed at the same time as another plane that was not from the US. I am not sure where that plane was from but EVERYONE was sent through the machines and it took an extra 30 min to start our vacation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Back on the topic of bringing frozen meat, we're planning on bringing smoked roast beef, smoked turkey breast, smoked ham and pulled pork. We bring some every year and hope we don't get checked.

1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Back on the topic of bringing frozen meat, we're planning on bringing smoked roast beef, smoked turkey breast, smoked ham and pulled pork. We bring some every year and hope we don't get checked.
    I bet tihe smoked meat is delicious. I even got brave brave last year and brought some meats. Your Aruba time is getting close.
    Last edited by Sue M.; 04-11-2019 at 10:54 PM.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Upon arrival in Aruba I was scanned leaving the airport this year, but I had no food or booze so it wasn't a problem. There was a guy in front of me who had a cooler and was brought off to the side. Others who came at different times did not have to go through the scanner.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not, but last year we were all scanned and a buddy of mine was given a hassle for how much booze he brought in. Him and his mother had 2 bottles from duty free as well as quite a few fireball nips in this checked luggage. They hassled him, asked him if "he knew his rights" but ultimately let him bring everything in. Meanwhile, a friend of mine and I both had the same amount of booze on us and didn't get questioned even though our luggage was scanned to.

I think it just luck of the draw whether you will be scanned and then again if they will hassle you.
    2 0

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Customs waived us directly from baggage pickup to the front door.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is terrific.
    You came in on the flight from Lauderdale?
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaveTheKidsWithMom View Post
    Customs waived us directly from baggage pickup to the front door. ������