This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Canceling? Procedures? Expectations? Trip Insurance?

Post Thanks / Like
    It's now official that my May 13-17 trip (for a friend's daughter's wedding) is off. For this trip, I was going to be at the Holiday Inn. I had paid extra for a cancellable reservation, because I had hoped for a good deal on a rental at Playa Linda to come up.

The round trip on American Airlines will be a different story. I don't know if I should cancel now or wait until the likely extension of the travel restrictions to cover that period or not. Does it make a difference in how it handled by the airline? I am not really interested in getting a credit rather than a refund, especially if the credit has an expiration.

So this is two trips in successive months that I have had to cancel now. My December trip better damn well happen!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Best bet is to check the American Airlines website as the policies seem to keep changing. We’re booked on JetBlue for May 5th and they have not yet cancelled. I’m trying to wait it out.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Jet blue didn’t cancel my May 3rd flight from Ft. Lauderdale to Aruba, but rerouted me JFK with an overnight then flight from jfk the next day!!!!! How ridiculous!!!! I haven’t called them yet as I’m hoping they will just cancel. Pegmeister, if they cancel will they give a refund. i prefer a refund to the travel bank, although I will definitely be rescheduling. Any thoughts?????
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe if they cancel they have to issue a refund and not put it in the travel bank. If you cancel it goes in the travel bank. I purchased our flight on points but JetBlue doesn’t let you use points to purchase extra room. Since I’ve already booked Manchebo for November it’s not a big deal for us if the money goes in the travel bank as I haven’t booked the November flight. I’m waiting until Aruba decides whether or not they are reopening their borders before I cancel.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAngela View Post
    Jet blue didn’t cancel my May 3rd flight from Ft. Lauderdale to Aruba, but rerouted me JFK with an overnight then flight from jfk the next day!!!!! How ridiculous!!!! I haven’t called them yet as I’m hoping they will just cancel. Pegmeister, if they cancel will they give a refund. i prefer a refund to the travel bank, although I will definitely be rescheduling. Any thoughts?????
    I don't know the particulars on JetBlue but with MOST airlines, if they change/reroute your flight, you have the ability to not accept the change with a full refund. I have done this in the past on other airlines when a direct fight became a connecting flight (this was to a different destination.)
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- Oregon winecountry/coast: July 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2020

0 0

Post Thanks / Like

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, here’s a link too a Frommer’s article clarifying airline cancellation policies:

https://www.frommers.com/tips/health...avel-operators

0 1