This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cancelled Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Cancelled Trip

Unfortunately, our trip to Aruba with our 8 grandchildren had to be cancelled. We will definitely try again next year.

Besides our rentals at the Costa Linda where we lost all our money, we also had reservations at the Del Rey Apartments.

For over a month now, I have been emailing them through their website and my email account regarding a refund of our deposit. It is very unlike them not to reply so I am wondering if there is something wrong. Their website indicates they opened up on July 1st.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The deposit was around $700 which is significant else I would not bother.

Thank you!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Well that sucks. Andrea posted something about refunds, but I can't find it now. Maybe she will jump in with that info.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    What did the contract have in it for cancellation policy?

If travel is allowed from your area to Aruba, and you are cancelling due to something other than COvid issues, then you might be able to recover $$ if you have trip cancellation/interruption insurance. (Ex: if someone in your travel party is ill (not covid related) and cannot go.)

If someone in your group or all of you in the group have cancelled due to the fact that Covid is making you uneasy or the hoop jumping to get into Aruba is difficult.........then imo there will be no refund if you rented from individual owners and not the resort itself.

Aruba is open for business and they have made it possible for all of us to visit if we follow the instructions/requirements.

I understand your dilemma.

We have a deposit in with a couple that we have rented from before.
    We do not have a written contract.........we gave them $700 deposit in January for our Nov. trip.
    We owe them $1000.
    We have been in touch with them. We asked......."if Aruba shuts down for Florida visitors (and I hope they do not) Will you refund our money?"
    They have not given us a definitive answer.
    We are supposed to be sending them our balance owed, but we are perplexed by their non answers.

I hope that you get some $$ back.
    But if Aruba is open for you and yours, I doubt that the deposit will be refunded.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba Kenny View Post
    Unfortunately, our trip to Aruba with our 8 grandchildren had to be cancelled. We will definitely try again next year.

Besides our rentals at the Costa Linda where we lost all our money, we also had reservations at the Del Rey Apartments.

For over a month now, I have been emailing them through their website and my email account regarding a refund of our deposit. It is very unlike them not to reply so I am wondering if there is something wrong. Their website indicates they opened up on July 1st.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The deposit was around $700 which is significant else I would not bother.

Thank you!

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    how about this thread?

Refunds on timeshare rentals.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Well that sucks. Andrea posted something about refunds, but I can't find it now. Maybe she will jump in with that info.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So the rental at the Del Rey Apartments was from July 7th to July 10th. The borders did not open to America until July 10th. There was no way for us to be there. Should they not return our deposit? I would think so. I am just surprised I have not heard from them in over month now.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    ABSOLUTELY, that deposit needs to be returned.
    The border was closed and no way for you to be there.

What about Costa Linda? Did you get anything back from Costa Linda or whom you rented from?
    So the rental at the Del Rey Apartments was from July 7th to July 10th. The borders did not open to America until July 10th. There was no way for us to be there. Should they not return our deposit? I would think so. I am just surprised I have not heard from them in over month now.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    So does anyone have another suggested way for me to reach the Del Rey Apartments?

The Costa Linda rental was from July 10th to July 17th. So both owners offered no refund because the border opened up on July 10th. Our problem was our flight had us coming in on July 7th staying at the Del Rey first. All 14 tickets were cancelled and I could not get another flight for us all until July 13th which made no sense.

The 3-bedroom rented for $3,400 which after maintenance fees meant a $1,900 profit. Th 2-bedroom rented for $1,800 which after maintenance fees meant a $800 profit. I tried to have them a least share some or all of their profit, but they both refused.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So does anyone have another suggested way for me to reach the Del Rey Apartments?

The Costa Linda rental was from July 10th to July 17th. So both owners offered no refund because the border opened up on July 10th. Our problem was our flight had us coming in on July 7th staying at the Del Rey first. All 14 tickets were cancelled and I could not get another flight for us all until July 13th which made no sense.

The 3-bedroom rented for $3,400 which after maintenance fees meant a $1,900 profit. Th 2-bedroom rented for $1,800 which after maintenance fees meant a $800 profit. I tried to have them a least share some or all of their profit, but they both refused.
    I hate that this happened to you. Owners should not profit off of these circumstances.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    have you called to speak to the manager of Del Ray?

I am very disappointed for you re: Costa Linda. It seems that the right thing to do was to at least return the profit.
    Did you take trip insurance and wonder if you could at least try to recover some of your loss thru them.

So people just have no ethics or heart.
    You know what they say about Karma.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    For the Del Ray deposit, if it is on a credit card, could you try to dispute for services not received?
    0 1