This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Caribbean Journal Opinion

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like

Caribbean Journal Opinion

Good morning everyone,

Caribbean Journal is not a favoured publication here, mostly because of its lack of Aruba content. I think the almost total exclusion of Aruba restaurants from the 'Top 50 Restaurants in the Caribbean' list a few months ago pretty much did it for many of my forum friends here.

Still, I read it and during this past week, there have been two or three articles on Aruba, specifically on the tentative re-opening plans under way on our favourite island. The first was a re-print of the official statement from the Aruba government, including a link to the AUA airport site. The second appeared this morning and featured the proposed re-opening of Bucuti Beach Resort.

I was very pleased to see that these articles made their way into CJ. At least someone at CJ is paying attention, and that's a good thing.

Keep safe everybody. Now go wash your hands. No, not later, rfn! Lol

Glenn
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glenn I gave this its own thread as it was in a thread that was not about the Caribbean Journal.

I am not sure where you read it was not a favored publication on aruba.com/forum.

I do know that many here are disappointed with Aruba's lack of coverage in the CJ. I think that Arawak or Vallon or maybe another person explained that Aruba is not a part of the organization that the CJ represents.

When I find the link I will post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Good morning everyone,

Caribbean Journal is not a favoured publication here, mostly because of its lack of Aruba content. I think the almost total exclusion of Aruba restaurants from the 'Top 50 Restaurants in the Caribbean' list a few months ago pretty much did it for many of my forum friends here.

Still, I read it and during this past week, there have been two or three articles on Aruba, specifically on the tentative re-opening plans under way on our favourite island. The first was a re-print of the official statement from the Aruba government, including a link to the AUA airport site. The second appeared this morning and featured the proposed re-opening of Bucuti Beach Resort.

I was very pleased to see that these articles made their way into CJ. At least someone at CJ is paying attention, and that's a good thing.

Keep safe everybody. Now go wash your hands. No, not later, rfn! Lol

Glenn
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Caribbean Journal is at it again.
    click above link

it was Arawak.

as far as being out of favor on this forum, I really take exception.
    it may be out of favor with some forum members, but I really cannot say not a favored publication here.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is an opinion, based on members comments and the opinions they expressed on the article about the best restaurants in the Caribbean. My first paragraph was only an intro, not the main thrust of my post.

It is an attempt to point out that Aruba's plans to re-open their island to tourism are now reaching a wider audience through the printing of these articles in CJ. That was the point of my comments and the reason I posted them in what I thought was an appropriate thread. Of course I defer to your judgement in these matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Caribbean Journal is at it again.
    click above link

it was Arawak.

as far as being out of favor on this forum, I really take exception.
    it may be out of favor with some forum members, but I really cannot say not a favored publication here.
    0 0