This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Conversations and Questions on the Plane

Post Thanks / Like
    My headphones go on immediately and I avoid talking lol.

The one time I dealt with a ridiculous person with no sense of personal space, I was seated in an aisle seat next to a mother and daughter. Another family member seated else where came to talk to them a few times which meant obnoxiously standing over me in the aisle seat. I drew the line when she practically had her chest in my face and I just interrupt their conversation with an “EXCUSE ME” and a look of “are you freaking kidding me?!” She just goes “oh sorry ” like she had no idea.

0 2

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning on this cool, rainy Monday in Winnipeg,

One thing I forgot to mention and it is just a personal observation. It is an age thing. We've found that the under 40 crowd really don't want to hear about your Aruba experiences, no matter how many times you've been there.

Glenn
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Glenn,

If seated next to you on a plane, I’d love to hear about your Aruba experience.

I think I am in the minority when it comes to “younger” solo travelers to Aruba. Most are with friends/family/loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Good morning on this cool, rainy Monday in Winnipeg,

One thing I forgot to mention and it is just a personal observation. It is an age thing. We've found that the under 40 crowd really don't want to hear about your Aruba experiences, no matter how many times you've been there.

Glenn

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Everyone, I am usually more of a voyeur on the forums, love reading all the comments and most often am just nodding along, lol. This one strikes a chord with me, my first 3 trips were with my then husband, 4th trip with my niece, as by then I was divorced. We sat with a lovely lady, maybe a few years older than me, we chatted a bit, she was vacationing alone....alone? hmmm? That was different to me, for a vacation? To travel alone, for work sure, on my way to meet friends at a destination, sure, but to actually vacation alone had not really occurred to me. At that point, I was divorced and that idea resonated with me for a long while!

I did my first solo vacation this year and of course it was to Aruba! Now I am hooked, lol!! It was great and then sense of being safe while traveling in the Caribbean is probably only going to happen on Aruba.

You never know where you can learn a life lesson, one of mine was chatting on a plane!! Thanks for the thread and bringing back that memory!
    1 6

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    a wonderful BRAVE giant step

Quote Originally Posted by DebMan View Post
    Hi Everyone, I am usually more of a voyeur on the forums, love reading all the comments and most often am just nodding along, lol. This one strikes a chord with me, my first 3 trips were with my then husband, 4th trip with my niece, as by then I was divorced. We sat with a lovely lady, maybe a few years older than me, we chatted a bit, she was vacationing alone....alone? hmmm? That was different to me, for a vacation? To travel alone, for work sure, on my way to meet friends at a destination, sure, but to actually vacation alone had not really occurred to me. At that point, I was divorced and that idea resonated with me for a long while!

I did my first solo vacation this year and of course it was to Aruba! Now I am hooked, lol!! It was great and then sense of being safe while traveling in the Caribbean is probably only going to happen on Aruba.

You never know where you can learn a life lesson, one of mine was chatting on a plane!! Thanks for the thread and bringing back that memory!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DebMan View Post

Good for you! I've been going alone to Aruba since about 2011 and I'm getting so used to it that when I do bring a friend they start to get on my nerves after a couple of days :P

I probably get on their nerves, too, but this is is my story hahaha. Hubby just is a homebody and with the price of airfare now I can't see spending the money for him to stay in the room all day.
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village
    0 2