This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona/COVID19 Virus

Post Thanks / Like

Corona/COVID19 Virus

Please post any pertinent information regarding the Corona/COVID19 virus here. Please try to refrain from posting any information that is based on "I heard from a guy/friend/bartender, etc." This is a very serious topic and we are starting a thread here in "General" to get maximum exposure to the most visitors to the forum. If you have information that can be confirmed through Aruba/US/European government or other reliable sources please share it with us in this thread. Andrea and I will be moderating this thread heavily and will remove any posts that are speculation, confusing or panic causing. We all are concerned about Aruba as our first home, or our second, and want to make sure the most accurate, up to date information is available. If required, you can start a new thread in "off topic" to address concerns over the lack of toilet paper in your city and other crazy things that are going on during this most serious time of our lives. Thanks for your understanding and patience as we work through this. Be safe, be healthy.. Walt

6 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Walt and Andrea.

Even though most Arubans themselves don't know much about this forum as its geared specifically towards our visitors, I speak for all of them in saying thank you for keeping the forum clean so the people that need the info can get it. Again, thanks, you two are doing Aruba a service.
    1 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    test!
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Walt.

If any of you would like to put together any questions that the WHO, the CDC and the Health Requirements (listed in the blue banner at top of this page) has not made clear to you...send them by PM to Walt or I and they will be forwarded to my contact person re: COVID at the ATA office.

I had been having trouble posting all day.
    Anyone else having issues posting or timing out?

If Walt and I have to, we will make every posting in this thread under moderation..........meaning it will not be visible to all until Walt or I pull it out of moderation and approve its placement here. (meaning no speculations, no made up stories, ). So please, b4 you post please make sure that you can back up your link or your statement provided. (Gosh, it sounds like a real dictatorship and we are sorry...you know we are not Nazi like.)

Bottom line as Walt says, this thread is now our ONLY Corona thread and all upcoming Corona/Covid 19 posts will be merged here and it has to be all ARUBA related. Speculation and non Aruba Covid 19 talk can be on FB and Instagram and other forms of social networking. Let this place serve as Aruba related Covid 19 posts.

Again if you have any questions, feel free to PM and we can pass this questions on and find an answer.
    2 2

Post Thanks / Like

would you recommend that cancel? What is the vibe towards tourists?

We are supposed to arrive March 21st and stay for a week at Divi Golf. We are still willing to make the trip, but are weighing the situation more cautiously with each new day as the situation evolves. We are not concerned with catching the virus in Aruba. We are concerned however with the possibility that Arubans might prefer that tourists stay away for the time being. Or that beaches and other public spaces might be closed for containment measures.
    Does anyone on the island have anything to say on this issue?
    Have you noticed a reduction in arrivals?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Applauding and thanking you both. I'm sure working through all this today was not how you envisioned spending your Sunday. We appreciate you!! We all are in this together and together is how we will all get through this.

1 0

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good afternoon Andrea, Walt and everyone else,

Thank you both for doing this. It is so greatly appreciated.

Below is the link to the Government of Canada's website, specifically Global Affairs' travel advice. For those of us still here, it is strongly advised that all none-essential outside of Canada be postponed until further notice. Further all Canadians abroad (Including those in Aruba.) should return home by commercial means as soon as possible. Travel restrictions between Canada and other countries (Including Aruba) can change quickly and with little warning.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...th-advice.html

Andrea, Walt; no editorializing here from me on this. It is just too serious for that.

I hope this can be posted.

Regards,

Glenn
    Winnipeg, Canada
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Applauding and thanking you both. I'm sure working through all this today was not how you envisioned spending your Sunday. We appreciate you!! We all are in this together and together is how we will all get through this.
    Thanks Lisa... you can't imagine

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Good afternoon Andrea, Walt and everyone else,

Thank you both for doing this. It is so greatly appreciated.

Below is the link to the Government of Canada's website, specifically Global Affairs' travel advice. For those of us still here, it is strongly advised that all none-essential outside of Canada be postponed until further notice. Further all Canadians abroad (Including those in Aruba.) should return home by commercial means as soon as possible. Travel restrictions between Canada and other countries (Including Aruba) can change quickly and with little warning.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...th-advice.html

Andrea, Walt; no editorializing here from me on this. It is just too serious for that.

I hope this can be posted.

Regards,

Glenn
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Thanks Glenn!

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all.
    0 0