This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Corona/COVID19 Virus

Post Thanks / Like

shelter in place

Here is the latest (3/27) directive from the Aruba government:

The number of infections in Aruba has risen by nine to 28 in the past 24 hours. Due to the rapid increase, the government has taken measures and the entire population, a total of 106,000 people, can no longer leave the house as of Sunday morning.

That has been announced by Prime Minister Evelyn Wever-Croes. It is a system of "shelter in place", where people stay at home as much as possible, but are still allowed to shop for food and medicines and exercise outside.

https://www.dvhn.nl/binnenland/Snell...-25505758.html

2 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mohair, I suggest to you not to use any Dutch websites as sources for what is happening on Aruba. Dutch media is always 1 or 2 or more steps behind when it comes to the up to date information. They also tend to get things wrong because they don't always verify the information with official sources before publishing.

The current cases are up to 33 with 330 people testing negative. https://www.arubacovid19.org/
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the link Arawak. I don't understand Papiamento so I couldn't read all of the information from the site. What am I missing about the shelter in place instructions?

Quote Originally Posted by Arawak View Post
    Mohair, I suggest to you not to use any Dutch websites as sources for what is happening on Aruba. Dutch media is always 1 or 2 or more steps behind when it comes to the up to date information. They also tend to get things wrong because they don't always verify the information with official sources before publishing.

The current cases are up to 33 with 330 people testing negative. https://www.arubacovid19.org/
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohair View Post
    Thanks for the link Arawak. I don't understand Papiamento so I couldn't read all of the information from the site. What am I missing about the shelter in place instructions?

The shelter in place instructions are correct. I figured it was because of the language difference!

Here is another link with everything in all local languages related to the Corona crisis on Aruba: http://covid19.pro.aw/
    Last edited by Arawak; 03-27-2020 at 09:26 PM.
    1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    We received this from the manger of Oceania. We already had turned off our hot water heater and have our air on 25c.

Dear Owners
    Taking into account the situation that is occurring due to the COVID -19 pandemic. We have taken the following measures to minimize expenses on the property.
    · In the corridors area, the lights will be switched on in an interleaved manner (one on and one-off).
    · The Water company's supply is being used only for the supply of water in the complex, keeping the pumps off because of the low occupancy (practically 10%).
    · The maintenance companies of the gardens, as well as the swimming pools, were asked to reduce the activities to reduce the operating costs to save in their monthly payment.
    · This week, all the people in charge of the apartments have been informed to turn off the water heaters, turn off the water supply and put the air at a cool temperature to avoid unnecessary current consumption to help save on your monthly bill.

Post Thanks / Like
    Today is the last day of the original order for "border closures" on Aruba. These orders and all others in place, "shelter in place, curfews, closings" have been extended to April 20th as of now.

2 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-health-requirements

the site has today's date (31st) listed as 30th.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Only 5 positive cases today. After yesterday's zero cases and today only 5, it seems we might be flattening the curve already. Still too soon to call though, but it gives hope.
    1 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arawak View Post
    Only 5 positive cases today. After yesterday's zero cases and today only 5, it seems we might be flattening the curve already. Still too soon to call though, but it gives hope.
    Lets hope!!!!

Don’t cancels. Re-schedule!!

Corona/COVID19 Virus-70f26a7d-3ec9-46b8-a702-5f825765895d-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Just like a few days ago, we have another day where the positives stay the same, at 55. According to the minister of health 60 tests were performed yesterday and all came back negative. We have one of the highest test per capita worldwide according to the minister. He mentioned South Korea, Germany and Taiwan as examples.
    1 2