This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Credit Card Notifications

Post Thanks / Like
    We have every year since Verizon shut down our account due to "Out of Country Suspicious Access". No internet, No e-mail, No Nothing !!!

When we got back to the States, I called them and they said that they "Sent an E-mail". My reply was that I could not get my e-mail since they shut down my account.

I was not a happy camper .

Now, we call every year to alert them as well as our credit card companies.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Even though our cc companies have been telling us we no longer need to notify them it does make me nervous not to. I think I will still call them, better safe than sorry. I remember one of our first years we were at carlo's and charlie's I was buying dh a shirt and it declined, I had to ask him for $$$ to buy him his gift. still his favorite shirt to this day, bright yellow

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I have always notify them but one year I did not and ran into some issues. I checked into La Cabana and they place the usual hold deposit on my MC card. Then I went to superfoods and the cashier told me the MC card was denied. I said impossible try again. She did and denied again. I said ok use my Amex.Denied. So I ended up using some of my cash reserves.I go to la cabana and asked if they had any problems with my card when they placed a hold and they said no. I guess that hold triggered Citi Card and Amex to lock my card. Anyway on the phone with Citi Cards using La Cabana phone and they said they would send a pin to my cell phone or to call using my cell. I'm like I can't I'm in a foreign country and don't have their sim card. I was really panicking thinking how I was going to pay for my meals. check out etc. I don't remember how I did it but I think I used la cabana PC, set up a travel notification, called again and asked to speak to a Manager who helped me.

This year when I booked a flight to Seattle, I received an email from Citi Cards telling me they noticed I'm traveling to Seattle so they will set up the travel notification automatically. I still set it up for Aruba just in case..

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Even though our cc companies have been telling us we no longer need to notify them it does make me nervous not to. I think I will still call them, better safe than sorry. I remember one of our first years we were at carlo's and charlie's I was buying dh a shirt and it declined, I had to ask him for $$$ to buy him his gift. still his favorite shirt to this day, bright yellow
    I miss Carlos and Charlie's...

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We typically don’t notify going to Aruba, however this January, my boss has gifted me with one of our vendor trips to Cabo San Lucas (it’s not Aruba, but it is a FREE tropical trip in January, so we’re excited!) We’ve never traveled to Mexico, so I am planning to notify our cards.
    ~Debbie
    0 0

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used Verizon travel pass when we had no internet the other day. And i made a large purchase on amex, no problem though since the car rental and plane tickets were on it, they knew where i was

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for reminding me, I always call my bank and let them know.
    1 0