This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Curfew and news

  1. #11
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    39,945
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am going way off topic but this is the current situation in my county in FL

    One of the schools, grades 7 - 12 has over half the faculty and staff out with covid or in quarantine due to exposure.
    Same school has 2/3 of its students absent with Covid or quarantining do to exposure.
    The remaining kids in the school are making due "maskless" as it is not required.
    Those kids are not getting and PE, ART, MUSIC, ROBOTICS, and they are required to bring lunch from home and their is no school lunch or breakfast.

    The substitutes are non existent and the Ed Techs/Paras are teaching classes and are making minimum wage........they need combat pay.

    Florida is in very bad shape.
    Way worse than any of the past Covid months including last Winter and Spring.

    And Disney and the other parks are still cramming folks in!

    Sorry, I am ranting and off topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    I knew it was coming. As for USA, forget it. It's sort if a lost cause. There are parents protesting because they want children to wear mask to schools when they start in Sep. They are saying its traumatizing to kids, it's their decision, it's uncomfortable yada yada. Are we that freaking spoiled and comfortable? Where the freaking mask! They are asking in NY for proof of vaccination to eat indoor at a rest and people are complaining about that as well. Oh yea how about another lock down? Sorry just venting! Sick of this crap!!!
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    3 5
     

  2. #12
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sad, I know. I just spent a couple of minutes trying to think what "normal" I am hoping for. I am hoping for a normal where I don't have to test to leave, and yet again to return. I might be able to deal with both of those again as long as the numbers drop and someone is not deciding when I go to bed. Until then I am going to pass.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    sadly, I have forgotten what normal is.
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.








    0 0
     

  3. #13
    Senior Member LisaGrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,531
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! I've been out all day and am just seeing this now. How sad and how preventable. There just doesn't seem to be good news about anything anywhere in the world these days...if it's not the pandemic, it's wildfires, drought, floods, hurricanes...I can't even begin to talk about the situation in Afghanistan other than God bless our dedicated service men and women...it just feels like everything is out of control.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    The hospital situation is beyond scary. I am so sad for Aruba!
    2 1
     

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    251
    Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea, Sorry about the situation in Florida. It’s so difficult when you have different views and there’s nothing you can do about it. Ugh! Stay safe.

    Colette
    1 1
     

  5. #15
    Member Rubaguy62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Age
    58
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with you ace wear the mask get the shot this isn't going away this is unfortunately our new way of life and all the conspiracy theorists are just slowing the process lets just move on the problem is the governments are too wishy washy to set standards afraid to a offend someone
    0 2
     

  6. #16
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    4,896
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am told that a radio station in Aruba is telling people to just take vitamins and they will be okay. I guess too afraid to shame listeners for not getting vaccinated. Then there is an idiot I know who is antivax and feels since there are treatments for the virus, why get the vaccine? How stupid. Anti vax covid patients are clogging the medical systems preventing those who have everyday health issues from getting appointments. While they may not be giving people covid, they are causing people health issues.






    1 3
     

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    251
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I am told that a radio station in Aruba is telling people to just take vitamins and they will be okay. I guess too afraid to shame listeners for not getting vaccinated. Then there is an idiot I know who is antivax and feels since there are treatments for the virus, why get the vaccine? How stupid. Anti vax covid patients are clogging the medical systems preventing those who have everyday health issues from getting appointments. While they may not be giving people covid, they are causing people health issues.
    So frustrating & true!!!!!
    1 0
     

  8. #18
    Member TravelNLesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a Broward County FL resident (and our School Board will likely not receive their paychecks if they stick to their guns on mask wearing by students and teachers with certain passes given based on specific learning plans and medical/religious issues), I think your "rant" is important to share. I don't think it is a rant and only makes Aruba lovers consider how hard, how difficult the virus and it's variants have made the situation on the island right now by comparison with our in state situation--one tourist destination to another?
    I ran into a friend last week that had just come home from a trip to the US Pacific NW. She and her husband went on a river cruise in Washington and Oregon States for their 50th Wedding Anniversary--all officers and crew plus all guests were vaccinated on their "boat" and they all wore masks on shore. They felt safe the entire time and tested before they got on their plane home and 3 days after they arrived home. All tests were negative and they aren't having any problems. The big reason they did a trip entirely in the US was so their health insurance, Medicare primarily, would cover them. I'm looking at medical evacuation insurance for us for our November trip but we will still go to Aruba and take the same precautions we're taking here. I think Aruba is doing a better job for their residents and guests than our state government is doing for us?
    Last edited by TravelNLesa; 08-21-2021 at 10:59 PM.
    0 0
     

  9. #19
    Member TravelNLesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Sad, I know. I just spent a couple of minutes trying to think what "normal" I am hoping for. I am hoping for a normal where I don't have to test to leave, and yet again to return. I might be able to deal with both of those again as long as the numbers drop and someone is not deciding when I go to bed. Until then I am going to pass.
    The current curfews are a breath of fresh air for us! Wish we had them here in So Florida! No curfew is worth crying over if it saves lives AND please remember that we are only guests on this island.
    We aren't going until November, and hopeful things can change in Aruba and in our home state of FL, but I'm betting Aruba changes first! We're just trying to hunker down as best we can and not go crazy until travel day happens.
    0 0
     

  10. #20
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please dont confuse my posting for crying....crying I will not do, lol. If I am paying 8k-10k for a vacation its not to be in my room at 9pm- I rather be home.

    Quote Originally Posted by TravelNLesa View Post
    The current curfews are a breath of fresh air for us! Wish we had them here in So Florida! No curfew is worth crying over if it saves lives AND please remember that we are only guests on this island.
    We aren't going until November, and hopeful things can change in Aruba and in our home state of FL, but I'm betting Aruba changes first! We're just trying to hunker down as best we can and not go crazy until travel day happens.
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.








    0 1
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •