This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Current Resort Occupancy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by almaringola View Post
    Costa Linda 80% occupancy . Yes we checked in right at 1pm. Eagle beach was not crowded between Bucutti , Costa Linda , and Manchebo . Plenty of seats on the beach and at each of the pools. Restaurants were busy but was able to change my reservations on that day . Exception Flying Fishbone.. Hi rise area was starting to jam like the old days. I personally prefer the low rises I mentioned because of the peace and less crowded area.
    It's hard for me to believe that Costa Linda is at 80% occupancy. Not many beach palapas are being used.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohair View Post
    It's hard for me to believe that Costa Linda is at 80% occupancy. Not many beach palapas are being used.
    Are you staying at Costa Linda?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was at Divi Phoenix, someone told me they were at 60% capacity but it seemed a lot less. Someone then told me that due to Covid Restrictions in place, they were only allowed a maximum occupancy of 75% so it was 60% of the 75% not of 100%. I never read any restrictions on any of the sites on maximum occupancy allowed.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Early during the Covid situation, when the resortps first opened they only opened up 50 to 70% of the units.Currently the timeshare resorts are 100% open for their owners or their members. I cannot say the same for hotel resorts.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    When I was at Divi Phoenix, someone told me they were at 60% capacity but it seemed a lot less. Someone then told me that due to Covid Restrictions in place, they were only allowed a maximum occupancy of 75% so it was 60% of the 75% not of 100%. I never read any restrictions on any of the sites on maximum occupancy allowed.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    ACE, we were at the Marriott Aruba Surf Club 3/28-4/4 and the place was packed (not sure of exact occupancy rates). It was as busy as we've seen during our usual vacation time in July there. The pools were packed and chairs were at a premium after 7am (reserve time). The Palapas on the beach were occupied to least 9 rows back.
    We stayed in a 3 bedroom there and were able to check into the main 2 bedroom part of the unit at 12:30 pm when we arrived. The 3rd room was ready about an hour later.
    Have a great trip!
    Brian

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It is hard to believe but thats what the manager told me last week , Iv never had a issue with getting a palapas in 23 years of going. Its one of the reasons I go there. Thursday last week the beach and pool were light , actually i was wondering where everyone went . Tuesday and Wednesday were much busier but only the first row of palapas were gone by 10am. Off topic did anyone see the waves on Tuesday afternoon on Eagle beach ? It was like being in RI . 5ft plus at the break.
    1 1

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

It is hard to believe but thats what the manager told me last week , Iv never had a issue with getting a palapas in 23 years of going. Its one of the reasons I go there. Thursday last week the beach and pool were light , actually i was wondering where everyone went . Tuesday and Wednesday were much busier but only the first row of palapas were gone by 10am. Off topic did anyone see the waves on Tuesday afternoon on Eagle beach ? It was like being in RI . 5ft plus at the break.
    I was going to message you about the palapa situation at Costa Linda right now. Someone on one of the Facebook groups was complaining that people are going down early and just putting towels or beach bag on chairs and all of the front row is taken really early. They said that security is not enforcing the usual rules right now. One of the things that we love about Costa Linda is the structure. You follow the rules and you never have any issues getting your space. No palapa wars! Were they enforcing the rules when you were there? Sorry, Andrea. I've taken this off topic.
    Last edited by hatteras; 04-21-2021 at 12:11 PM.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    I was going to message you about the palapa situation at Costa Linda right now. Someone on one of the Facebook groups was complaining that people are going down early and just putting towels or beach bag on chairs and all of the front row is taken really early. They said that security is not enforcing the usual rules right now. One of the things that we love about Costa Linda is the structure. You follow the rules and you never have any issues getting your space. No palapa wars! Were they enforcing the rules when you were there? Sorry, Andrea. I've taken this off topic.
    They were not following the rules that are posted, but that said it wasnt hard getting one .Its not like the Marriot or playa where you needed to go down at 5am to hold something. There were enough maybe not in first row but 2nd was empty. Lets face it just drag a chair out onto that huge beach now ur front row ! lol.. I put my stuff out by the pool at 9am went had breakfast came back at 1045 and still had empty palapas around the pool.
    0 0

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    They were not following the rules that are posted, but that said it wasnt hard getting one .Its not like the Marriot or playa where you needed to go down at 5am to hold something. There were enough maybe not in first row but 2nd was empty. Lets face it just drag a chair out onto that huge beach now ur front row ! lol.. I put my stuff out by the pool at 9am went had breakfast came back at 1045 and still had empty palapas around the pool.

We go weeks 5 and 6 and my hubby gets up around 5:00 to get his front row palapa. He just sleeps in the chair until security checks him in.Front row is really important to him. I could care less. We switched to June this year and I imagine that it will be pretty crowded since a lot of schools are out. I hope that they are enforcing the rules by then. Thanks for the input.
    Last edited by hatteras; 04-21-2021 at 07:29 PM.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Im with your husband Hatteras, I love the front row too under the shade. Can't get enough of that view!
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 1