This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Difficulties with Divi Tam Cyber sale!

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Difficulties with Divi Tam Cyber sale!

Anyone having difficulties with using the divi tam site making a reservation for the cyber Monday deals?
    i have heard from 3 folks that it has been impossible to make a reservation.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I got one at 12:03 am on Sunday morning. This was the first year they sent me the special code. Unfortunately I saw people putting the private sale code up on Facebook and my guess is they ran out of rooms as they only release a certain amount of rooms for the cyber sale. They have run out of rooms on me before but I have gotten the rooms at other sales they have.
    Jayna-Beach Bum at ❤️
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the special code also and got up at 6am to use it. I was lucky to get the exact dates I wanted. I also heard that the Sunday code was up on Facebook. I'd be mad too if I couldn't get a reservation because someone did that. I get mad at my boyfriend when he tells people about the sale. I keep telling him - stop telling people or we won't be able to get a room. Luckily all booked and got a great deal on JetBlue also and was able to use points for the flight. I'm one happy girl!!!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    The Divi releases the code on Sunday, prior to the Monday sale for people who have been recent guests. I know DiviDiviFan had a terrible time getting thru online. She finally managed to book but not for as many days as she wanted or the room category she wanted.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It all came down to one incredibly inconsiderate knucklehead on facebook.
    Someone who felt that they were as "entitled" as long time repeat customers to the deal.
    The poster had been to Aruba once....
    I've been told the system crashed due to the overwhelming stress from people who weren't given the code using it....
    SYSTEM OVERLOAD

I'll just let that sit for a few minutes.

Interesting sense of justice.

We DID get our booking, but not after having to book without the code.... the one everyone else used apparently didn't work for anyone north of the border.
    (Yes, I know that's a familiar complaint from me... perhaps if it didn't keep happening I wouldn't have to mention it.)
    At any rate, we got booked at full price which caused more panic and bs, but called the office on Monday morning, told them the code we were given over the web and finally got the deal.

I don't know what the answer is when it comes to keeping idiots from releasing codes and deals and such on facebook.
    I just wish they weren't so damn ignorant and inconsiderate.

Ah, well.... 154 days and I don't care....
    Last edited by Mr. Ratt; 12-06-2019 at 04:40 PM.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 8, 2020... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ratt View Post
    It all came down to one incredibly inconsiderate knucklehead on facebook.
    Someone who felt that they were as "entitled" as long time repeat customers to the deal.
    The poster had been to Aruba once....
    I'll just let that sit for a few minutes.

Interesting sense of justice.
    I’m not sure what you saying? Is it that somewhat decided to share the code on social media? Is that a bad thing?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    i feel your frustration, will write more when i have use of broken wrist hardv typing lefty. io suggest ea rep[eAT CUSTOMER get own code 1x use, share it they burn themselves.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I’m not sure what you saying? Is it that somewhat decided to share the code on social media? Is that a bad thing?

Guess I wouldn’t use the words “damn ignorant and inconsiderate”. I’m sure they just felt they were sharing. Personally, I don’t see an issue with it.
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 12-06-2019 at 08:40 PM.

1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Guess I wouldn’t use the words “damn ignorant and inconsiderate”. I’m sure they just felt they were sharing. Personally, I don’t see an issue with it.
    I agree with you Peg, but some folks seem to think those words are impressive when posting on public forums. We'll try to ignore the rant.

0 3

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Tam and Divi do not want angry guests then they need to make the process of the secret code a secret.
    Heck I was one of the people posting here to remember the cyber deal.
    0 1