This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania
    Posts
    1,241

    Driving in Aruba

    Can someone on the island tell us how the road construction is going? Did they reopen Smith Blvd yet or start the construction on Irausquin?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    159
    Lg smith blvd and Irasquin are both open. There are still some barricades around certain areas but you can travel with no problem. The side street that runs from Irasquin, near Amsterdam Manor, down to LG smith is still closed.

  3. #3
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    32,602
    is there now a roundabout at the Superfood on Smith Blvd and is it open?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    Lg smith blvd and Irasquin are both open. There are still some barricades around certain areas but you can travel with no problem. The side street that runs from Irasquin, near Amsterdam Manor, down to LG smith is still closed.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    213
    Is watty vos blvd.from airport to circle free of construction,we like to take back way to gold coast?

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    is there now a roundabout at the Superfood on Smith Blvd and is it open?
    I haven't been that way yet, but I hear the lights are down & the roundabout construction has started. My car gets delivered today and we move today so I'll be checking it out.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

  6. #6
    Senior Member __steve__'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    1556.26 miles from Aruba
    Posts
    433
    Yes, the road you speak of (with the home center on the right) was under construction few weeks ago. Does have minor detour to about top of that climb but really nothing to be concerned about. Rest of island however seemed to have finished much of the construction we’ve seen last year. Really some nice drives a new circle, and extra shoulder room in foothills of Lagoville and Brasil, very few cars there however. Oops, strayed from topic but easy to do when about Aruba



  7. #7
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,108
    The roundabout at Superfood is set up with the orange temporary walls. It is paved. The street is completely open in both directions. The street intersecting (going to Amsterdam Manor) is still closed.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

  8. #8
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    32,602
    that is good news!!

    I wonder how the street crossing will be for the pedestrians crossing from the Trop and LaCab?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    The roundabout at Superfood is set up with the orange temporary walls. It is paved. The street is completely open in both directions. The street intersecting (going to Amsterdam Manor) is still closed.

  9. #9
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania
    Posts
    1,241
    That was the question I was going to ask? lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    that is good news!!

    I wonder how the street crossing will be for the pedestrians crossing from the Trop and LaCab?

  10. #10
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,108
    There were people crossing when I was there. DUMB! Besides being a generally dangerous intersection, drivers (even cautious ones like me) honestly can not see people, especially around those big orange things.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •