This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Duplicate Credit Card Charges in Aruba

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    No, it was this one . It was just posted today I believe.

"Almost every transaction from our trip to Aruba last week has hit our credit and debit cards twice...Including multiple families and cards. Has anyone else had this experience? The charges come across on statements as slightly different names and on different dates.We had a wonderful trip but having to dispute every charge since then has put a damper on it!"
    Gaby, yes, the charges were each under slightly different names for the same amounts. Sounds very suspicious to me. I'm not on FB and I don't really participate in TA forums. Thanks for letting me know.
    Brian

0 0

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only time i use a credit card in Aruba is for the car rental with Hans and no problem. I use cash for everything in Aruba and I know, people like points but I don't care enough for that..lol I am so fanatical about credit card usage that we have frozen our credit reports, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I truly hope it’s easily resolved. We have never had a problem at Manchebo or Madame Janette. Hopefully it’s on the credit card side and easily resolved. When in Aruba, as at home, we use cash when dining out. The only time we use a credit card is for the hotel and ant charge backs.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess this is a system wide thing. I hope they sort it out!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw some similar postings on other Aruba sites. I am sorry you have had such a problem. I am quite sure this will be resolved. The banks are usually pretty good about this. Keep us appraised of the situation as we will be leaving in a couple of weeks.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe that as well Bri.
    I believe that there is some sort of error with the bank(s).
    As I said in my first reply on this thread I hoped that it was not nefarious (criminal).
    I believe that the amount of "errors" is pointing to a banking error.
    But, I am no banker or credit card rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    Guess this is a system wide thing. I hope they sort it out!

Post Thanks / Like
    We use our CC’s all over the island, from small local establishments to larger restaurants and stores. We have yet had any issues or discrepancies. I do keep all of our receipts, although I must confess that we might have lost a couple during happy hours, but I review all of the transactions when we get back to the states.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about this, but like Gaby we pay cash except for our room bills at Surf Club and Holiday Inn and the car from Tropic. It's just a lot easier that way.

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe that I read on FB that it was a visa cc issue that was going on. I posted that this was just another hassle that we avoid because we pay cash- some guy jumped down my throat saying it wasn’t a hassle that it was criminal. I agreed back to him that yes it is a criminal action but for myself it would be a hassle-sheesh buddy no need to get upset with me on your double charges.... I really think my life would be happier without Facebook.
    Jayna-Beach Bum at ❤️
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I can attest to this. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jayshea View Post
    .... I really think my life would be happier without Facebook.

0 0