This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Aruba since 1979

Fast Ferry Service to Curacao and Bonaire

I know, we have heard it many times before.

But, from what I have read and from what I have been told, this "fast ferry service" has at least reached a part of the plan that has never been reached before.

So, if the ferry service does indeed comes to being fulfilled, would you hop onboard? (all things considered times, prices etc)

I think that Paul and I would!

We had taken the ferry from Hyannis and from Woods Hole to the Vineyard and Nantucket numerous times.
    We had taken the ferry from Maine to Nova Scotia, taken the ferry from Naples or Ft Myers to Key West.
    It was awesome way of spending 24 or more hours.

I think that if we were to do it, we'd make it an overnight on Curacao or Bonaire.
    We would add most likely "post Aruba" to make it work.

Who would love to see this ferry happen?

http://www.vacationsbyaruba.com/arub...wspaper-recap/

Absolutely. And we’d definitely make it an overnight in both islands.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

I would love to see a ferry!! We also use the ferry on the Cape to Martha’s Vineyard. It’s a pleasant way to travel.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    We went to Bonaire and Curacao for the first time in September, on a cruise. We loved both islands. We would probably try the ferry. My only concern would be if the water was really rough while traveling on the ferry. I think I would wait until some reviews were in.

Yes, we'd do it and probably spend a night or two on Bonaire. We were in Curacao for a week last year.

I don't know. We wait so long to get back to Aruba, I don't know if we'd really want to leave during a visit. It's a great idea, for me the high speed ferry from Newport to Block Island was always a lot of fun.

Aruba since 1979
    i know that i would not want to leave my aruba vacation for a ferry trip to the other islands.
    i would schedule it as "pre or post" aruba vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I don't know. We wait so long to get back to Aruba, I don't know if we'd really want to leave during a visit. It's a great idea, for me the high speed ferry from Newport to Block Island was always a lot of fun.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    when we go to aruba, we go for an extended period. this time its 31 days so taking a day or two wouldn't be bad.

I saw a post about this on FB and my comment was something like, "fast and Aruba are never in the same sentence". That being said, how fast can a ferry be if you have to take the time to secure all the vehicles that come on board.

I would like to see Curacao. Not sure about going on a ferry not knowing where it would dock and how far it would be from any type of beach area or places we'd like to see. For example, if I recall, the dock for the ferry in Aruba will be in San Nicholas. If you are coming for a day from Curacao, how do you get around the island of Aruba if it docks in San Nicholas? You would need a rental car, or taxi. A taxi would be expensive to take to the heart of Aruba with things to see and do.

Hoping for a 30th anniversary trip to our favorite place.

Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989 View Post
    I saw a post about this on FB and my comment was something like, "fast and Aruba are never in the same sentence". That being said, how fast can a ferry be if you have to take the time to secure all the vehicles that come on board.

I would like to see Curacao. Not sure about going on a ferry not knowing where it would dock and how far it would be from any type of beach area or places we'd like to see. For example, if I recall, the dock for the ferry in Aruba will be in San Nicholas. If you are coming for a day from Curacao, how do you get around the island of Aruba if it docks in San Nicholas? You would need a rental car, or taxi. A taxi would be expensive to take to the heart of Aruba with things to see and do.
    This is actually exactly what the Aruban government wants. They specifically chose San Nicolas for a variety of reasons. Its closer to Curacao, so the ferry ride would be only approx. 1 hour and a half depending on the seas. Another major reason why they chose San Nicolas to dock is to revive the area commercially. Visitors from the other islands will dock in San Nicolas and this should create a knock off effect for businesses wanting to establish themselves in san nicolas. For example, rental car agencies, food and beverage, specialty stores, all could potentially benefit. Now san nicolas is dead commercially speaking. Almost all of the people living up there drive down to Oranjestad and Noord to work. Hopefully, this will make it so businesses can open their doors there and San Nicolas can once again be a pillar for the Aruban economy like it was in the past.