This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feet Swelling in Aruba

Post Thanks / Like
    you would get new feet before you gave up Aruba lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    If it only happened in Aruba and it caused me that much pain I would be in bed for several days...as much as I love Aruba I would not be visiting. I would do everything I could to rectify the problem or give up Aruba...I can't even believe I typed those words.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm I wonder if it can be all the drinking and eating out? Cant seem to find a non-drinker on this forum to test my theory.
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    I think she should look at what she is doing differently in Aruba. I know I eat out more which means I am getting a lot more sodium. I also drink more at times. Both of these may cause my feet to swell. Red wine(sulfates?) causes them to swell too. All the fore mentioned has cause painful walking. I looked it up-when you are drinking alcohol, it can dehydrate you. Some people's body sense the alcohol and does not allow fluid to leave the body to prevent dehydration. The solution is to drink a glass of water for each alcoholic beverage. I found it does work. Another thing that may happen is her body's response to the humidity. When it is humid out, my hands swell so much that I cannot get my rings off until I have been in air conditioning. It is the same type of body response-trying to keep you hydrated. They can happen to feet, too. You friend my not experience her feet swelling with one of the factors, but with more sodium, alcohol and high humidity, it just may be what she needs to cause the swelling in her feet.

0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    Wow. So this happens to others. I’m not one to add extra salt to my food but I never found the food in Aruba particularly salty. I drink a lot of water because of the heat, but maybe it’s a combination of salt, heat and humidity?
    Could be the heat, I never use salt so if the food was salty I'm sure I would notice it.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    you would get new feet before you gave up Aruba lol
    Me too!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife’s feet swelled up from the flight “to” Aruba recently, and mine did the same on way back home. It was the combination of the flight, alcohol, and the unknown

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    for those of us that fly in "steerage"
    maybe something from Amazon will help feet/ankle swelling
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=foot+slin...b_sb_ss_i_1_10

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh..yea. Every year the top of the feet look like jelly...combination of Sun, Heat, Water and not enough Drinks to wash it away...Maybe staying longer might help... Bobby Aruba
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    My feet swell every time I fly. Pressure changes. I know when we fly with patients, their IV's often blow. Two days seems excessive though. I would be getting a check-up for sure.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I too find that my legs/feet swell when I first arrive. I now use compression socks when I fly, it seems to help quite a bit. Also, IMO, the salt water helps. I try and float around for at least 20 minutes at a time. I don't drink but do drink plenty of the wonderful water in Aruba.
    0 0